Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One of many battles won!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

One of many battles won!

This post is a repeat of another post hidden very deeply. I have grounds to creating a new thread, for customers who do not know where to dig deep into the forums, therefore moderators, do not remove this post"!
Thank You!

US Airways Customers Empowered - Airline Will Continue to Offer Power Ports in Every Row on Airbus Aircraft
TEMPE, Ariz., Dec 06, 2005 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) today announced it will maintain power ports on its US Airways' operated Airbus fleet, which today includes the A319, A320, A321 and A330. The power ports supply 15 volts for laptop computers, portable DVD players and other electronics via in-arm connectors. Adapters, necessary to utilize the power ports, vary according to laptop type and can be found at most major electronic stores.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050223/LAW097LOGO)

"Our customers, especially business customers, have told us that power ports are an extremely important amenity to them. They no doubt come in handy on longer flights, and in particular transatlantic flights," said Scott Kirby, executive vice president, sales and marketing.

The power ports will continue to operate on more than 120 US Airways aircraft. The airline is analyzing whether to install power ports on additional America West-operated Airbus aircraft.

US Airways and America West's recent merger creates the fifth largest domestic airline employing 35,000 aviation professionals. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 4,000 flights per day and serve more than 225 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America.

US Airways is a member of the Star Alliance, which was established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer customers global reach and a smooth travel experience. Star Alliance has been voted Best Airline Alliance by Skytrax in 2003 and 2005. The other members are Air Canada, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, bmi, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Spanair, TAP Portugal, THAI, United, and VARIG Brazilian Airlines. South African Airways and SWISS will be integrated during the first half of 2006. Overall, the member carriers offer more than 15,000 daily flights to 790 destinations in 138 countries. (LCCG)

SOURCE US Airways

US Airways Media Relations, +1-480-693-5729

http://www.prnewswire.com

Copyright (C) 2005 PR Newswire. All rights reserved.

News Provided by COMTEX

Last edited by kinglobjaw; Dec 6, 2005 at 12:13 pm
Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Now, we will win more battles. And "The Book" is rolling out very soon.

Just have to edit the part about power ports. It will either be removed, or in place a compliment will be posted. Any thoughts?

P.S. You probably realized, youre seeing less of my posts. Thats for 3 reasons:

1) Finals coming up at school
2) Working on "The Book"
3) Working on a mileage run for dad, so he can start going for gold early in Jan. He's going to Poland and this is a routing he will most likely get...
ORD-PHL-LAX-AKL-SYD-SIN-LHR-FRA/MUC-KRK and back the same way. Am I crazy or what? Poor Dad will be in coach for 60hrs+!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sign me up for an autographed copy of The Book. First edition only, please.

Let me know how much it costs - I'll paypal you that plus 15% to cover shipping & handling.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
This post is a repeat of another post hidden very deeply. I have grounds to creating a new thread, for customers who do not know where to dig deep into the forums, therefore moderators, do not remove this post"!
Let's see...your post was 15 hours after the news was posted prominently and in context on the existing thread and over 5 hours after the exact text had already been posted...yet you "have grounds" to create your own personal thread. The same information was on Page One of this forum...only 11 threads below yours!!!

Your self-importance is boundless. Next time, if you believe a post requires more prominence, post a link and spare us your "plagiarism."
Old Dec 6, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K; US 50K
Next battle should be to keep rollover miles for CPs!!!!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
P.S. You probably realized, youre seeing less of my posts. Thats for 3 reasons:

1) Finals coming up at school
Finals suck, and they are MUCH different in college than in high school (or whatever grade you are in). Mine are next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.