Cant find my reservations online???

Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Cant find my reservations online???

Hello all,

We will be flying US Airways for the first time to Gatwick from Charlotte and my travel agent booked us the tickets. Well, I can pull up the reservation on mytripandmore site, however when I try to pull it up on the US Airways website using their reservation code it is giving me an error message. I called them and they can pull up our reservations and the agent assigned us seats online, but I still cannot see our reservations on their website. Is this normal? Can i do online check-in even though I cannot see our reservations online?

Any ideas, comments or suggestions would be welcome on what to do or what to expect.

Thanks,

D.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Yes, it is normal. You can only view researvations made at usairways.com on the website. On line check-in will not be affected.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 9:21 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
You'll note on the homepage that it specifies "usairways.com reservations" (I'll save for another thread the fact that they re-named the button instead of fixing the problem! ), meaning, as noted, you can only view reservations made at the website. However, below that, if you go to "itinerary/receipt," you can pull up your reservation using the record locator.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Can't this OP find her phone or TA reservation on www.virtuallythere.com or am I missing something?
Old Jul 3, 2005, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Originally Posted by monitor
Can't this OP find her phone or TA reservation on www.virtuallythere.com or am I missing something?
As posted in my earlier post, I CAN pull it up on mytripandmore website, but not on the US Airways website. Also, as I have already said , I did speak with the US Airways agent and she could see my reservation and assigned seats to me. My main concern was not being able to do OLCI, but the previous two posters have been kind enough to let me know that this will not hamper my ability to do so.

Sorry if U had not been clear enough...

D.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by monitor
Virtually There only works for reservations made directly with US either via phone, web, or at the airport. When either I or Mrs. dukeman get booked via our corporate travel we cannot pull up the reservation on VT even with the 6 letter Record Locator. The only way to see if an upgrade has cleared when this happens is to call the CP desk or use the lengthy automated phone service and even then you can't request specific seats only aisle or window....
Old Jul 3, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
FWIW, I have to use an AMEX Travel online booking tool for all my corporate travel. When it generates a trip, I get two Sabre record locators - one for the whole trip, and one specific to the airline. Virtually There does work for the overall AMEX locator, but not for for the airline-specific locator.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
A slight variation on this topic....

I have myself and lady astrojets booked on a flight to FLL Labor Day weekend. About 50% of the time, if I go to usairways.com and look at the reservation, lady astrojets' name will have disappeared from the reservation display on usairways.com, but it still shows both seat assignments. Better yet, the "Apply Upgrade" button will appear. When I go to virtuallythere.com, both of us show up in the res. I finally called reservations, and they verified that we are both in the reservation, and out upgrades have been requested. But it's still a little disconcerting. Anyone else have the problem of the disappearing companion from your usairways.com reservations?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Found this by search...thanks!

Originally Posted by phlwookie
FWIW, I have to use an AMEX Travel online booking tool for all my corporate travel. When it generates a trip, I get two Sabre record locators - one for the whole trip, and one specific to the airline. Virtually There does work for the overall AMEX locator, but not for for the airline-specific locator.
So does this mean that if I used AMEX on-line, I can't change my seat on-line? I'd hate to have picked a great seat only to lose it without realizing it .
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
Anyone else have the problem of the disappearing companion from your usairways.com reservations?
I've had some very entertaining itineraries come up when using the "back" button after viewing one of my reservations. Especially if the next reservation has a different number of people than the previous. I now use the home button and re-click usairways.com reservations button.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
So does this mean that if I used AMEX on-line, I can't change my seat on-line? I'd hate to have picked a great seat only to lose it without realizing it .
Can you change your seat online now once booked? Or are you referring to the online checkin point where you can pick your seat?

Where you book doesnt matter if you can check in online.

Where you book does matter regarding your seat assignment - if AmEx lets you pick any seat (and it is pretty good about warning seats that will get moved due to freq flyers and blocking certain seats) then tries to book but cant get the seat, I've found it will put you in a nearby seat...

The best thing is to book thru whomever, get the record locator and call reservations and pick/confirm your seat.

Regards,

Mike
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by nekbet
Can you change your seat online now once booked? Or are you referring to the online checkin point where you can pick your seat?

Where you book doesnt matter if you can check in online.
Mike, thanks for your response! I've never booked a flight at usairways.com...what I was assuming here was that since some airlines (NW, CO, among others) allow you to view your seat selection and change it between the time you book the flight and OLCI, US would be the same. In my case, I have a US flight Wed. and was hoping to check often to see if I could at least get out of the middle seat I am in (I've got about as much status on US as a rock :-). But if you can't even change a reservation booked at usairways.com before OLCI, then one should not expect AMEX to do so either. My mistake!

--Brian B. :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.