Wiki Posts
Search

Good Omen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2005, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA 1K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Good Omen

Flew CLT-DCA on 342 9/25. Crew was coming in on another flight and were due in right at scheduled departure. GA informed us of the delay and then something happened that I have never before encountered. Another set of FA's, not the ones scheduled for the flight, boarded the aircraft so that when the crew arrived, we were all ready to go! Still a few minutes late but much better than waiting for the crew to arrive and then board which would probably have put our departure close to an hour late. If this is an example of the kind of operational flexibility that will come with the merger, then we are in for great service. If it was an anomaly, I hope that it is highly contagious. Will be sending a compliment to CA. Return from DCA 9/29 on 339 on the new US.

Fltsrgn
Old Sep 25, 2005, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by fltsrgn
Flew CLT-DCA on 342 9/25. Crew was coming in on another flight and were due in right at scheduled departure. GA informed us of the delay and then something happened that I have never before encountered. Another set of FA's, not the ones scheduled for the flight, boarded the aircraft so that when the crew arrived, we were all ready to go! Still a few minutes late but much better than waiting for the crew to arrive and then board which would probably have put our departure close to an hour late. If this is an example of the kind of operational flexibility that will come with the merger, then we are in for great service. If it was an anomaly, I hope that it is highly contagious. Will be sending a compliment to CA. Return from DCA 9/29 on 339 on the new US.

Fltsrgn
I have seen this on DL more than a few times--assume (hope?) others will have stories of this being SOP @ US...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:47 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
It happened to me at LAX last summer. Gate agents just grabbed a crew off an arriving flight. Same deal: got out nearly close to on-time. Nice job of the gate agents and even more so of the crew. I'm not sure everyone knew what had happened but those of who did expressed our sincere appreciation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.