Wiki Posts
Search

How are loads on the Venice flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
How are loads on the Venice flights

I have seen in this forum that the loads have been good on PHL-BCn but nothing about Venice.

BCN makes sense since Spanair is in the *Alliance and there is feeder traffic from Spain. But Venice seemed unusual. Although I haven't seen any special going to Venice.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 6:55 pm
ksb

Programs: AA EXP
I flew back on Tuesday 9/20 and had three seats to myself. The plane looked to be only about 67-75% full.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:58 pm

BCN and VCE were both picked purely for the reason that the majority of cruises in the Med either start or finish in both cities. (Rome Civitivvechia round-trip is also a popular cruise start/finish point)

Now that the heavy summer cruising season is all but over, you will probably see loads drop on both routes, but BCN might do better because of Spanair.

It would not surprise me to see both return next summer.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 2:22 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I was on the VCE-PHL flight on 9/2 and we had about 50 people on the 767. Everyone had a row to themselves. I returned to VCE on 9/19 and the plane was VERY VERY full. I think I saw a couple empty seats here and there but not much went empty. I fly back VCE-PHL on 9/29 and I could barely get a seat. I couldn't get into the front cabin (the quieter cabin) and only had a choice of a couple seats. I was hoping the load would be light (for my selfish reasons obviously) but it doesn't look like it will be. I was quite suprised to see this flight this packed even 3.5 weeks out.

Lance
Old Sep 25, 2005, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA
I was on 9/03 on the PHL-VCE an had the best service of my life in Envoy, thanks to Donna (CSD) and her team. I had 6 seats for myself, and economy was not that full either, probably 75%.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 5:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Venice is a seasonal route, and more to the point, USAirways is a boutique transatlantic carrier. A route like that would do better from JFK, which it does, as a Delta/Altitalia codeshare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.