Search

Need 6 more segments for CP Promo - Help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services
Need 6 more segments for CP Promo - Help

Folks,

I need six more segments for the CP promotion ending on 10/31. I know I have at least 2 segments booked for Oct, and was contemplating a mileage run...

Any suggestions on how to rack up 4 - 6 segments cheap out of Philly doing a day trip? Also, does anyone know if the CP status is good for CY 2006?

Thanks!

Last edited by asicguy; Sep 23, 2005 at 6:14 pm
Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:16 pm

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
Have you checked on dreammaps?
Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I use the PIT-PHL flights to make mine. Great price too. Should be the same $ PHL-PIT. I think it's the cheapest flight out of PHL but if not I'm sure someone will set me straight.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 7:43 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
You might be pretty good if you do an RDU run via CLT for the remaining four segments. Barring that, PIT should do.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mhttoanywhere
Have you checked on dreammaps?
Hi,

Not sure what this is...
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:12 pm

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
http://dps1.travelocity.com/dreamMap...092005&LANG=EN

change departure city to phl and amount to $200 (press update maps) then see what comes up for pricing. Within the pricing look for your US flights. You can gradually move the pricing up from $200 if you need to.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mhttoanywhere
http://dps1.travelocity.com/dreamMap...092005&LANG=EN

change departure city to phl and amount to $200 (press update maps) then see what comes up for pricing. Within the pricing look for your US flights. You can gradually move the pricing up from $200 if you need to.
Awesome! Thanks!!
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:28 pm

Location: Dirt USair, Gold Hilton, Gold Marriott, Platinum Hyatt
Try PHL-ORD on USAir.com. You can do a stop in PIT each way same day for $138.00 (before tax) This will get you 4 segments.

I'm doing PIT-CLT-IND-CLT-PIT next week for $158. to fulfill the Chairmans Challenge of 18 segs.

I spoke to a USAir Gold rep last week and she assured me that the status runs until 2007.

Take care!
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by asicguy
Folks,

Also, does anyone know if the CP status is good for CY 2006?

Thanks!
Shortly after I received the promo offer I sent an email to the service center and asked them to verify in writing that the CP status was good through 2006. They did verify with an email response. ^

I also suggested that someone update the text of the offer on the web to clarify, but apparently they felt that was unnecessary.

I'm off to Barcelona next week to finish off my challenge
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:19 pm

Programs: US CP, *Gold, AA Peon
CP Promo

Quick question, sort of off topic:

I'm easily qualifying for the GP promo w/ 10k miles, however I have flights booked through 10/31 that will brink me to 20k miles. Think US would bump me to the CP promo?

Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ghhoughton
Quick question, sort of off topic:

I'm easily qualifying for the GP promo w/ 10k miles, however I have flights booked through 10/31 that will brink me to 20k miles. Think US would bump me to the CP promo?

Thanks.
Based on what folks have said, if you weren't targeted for the CP one, you probably won't have luck with it. Others have suggested asking for a challenge, but the word is that they haven't been giving them out.

There is a pretty long thread about this, just search for "6689" and you'll find some of the ins and outs on people's tries in your situation!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:42 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
[QUOTE=asicguy]Also, does anyone know if the CP status is good for CY 2006?[QUOTE]

got my CP membership card via the challenge a couple of weeks ago, and the expiration date on it is 2/28/07
Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by asicguy
Folks,

I need six more segments for the CP promotion ending on 10/31. I know I have at least 2 segments booked for Oct, and was contemplating a mileage run...

Any suggestions on how to rack up 4 - 6 segments cheap out of Philly doing a day trip? Also, does anyone know if the CP status is good for CY 2006?

Thanks!
Try PHL-PVD or PHL-BOS, usually under $100 rt
Old Sep 28, 2005, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by jaymay
Based on what folks have said, if you weren't targeted for the CP one, you probably won't have luck with it. Others have suggested asking for a challenge, but the word is that they haven't been giving them out.

There is a pretty long thread about this, just search for "6689" and you'll find some of the ins and outs on people's tries in your situation!

Actually, it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm doing the SP promo to move up to GP. My husband, who is just plain DM was, of course, not targeted. However, since he is accumulating over 10K miles with me during Sept/Oct, I called the SP desk and asked for a challenge for him. They said no at first, but I told them that we would be flying over 10k miles in Oct. and at that point she offered us a challenge to move him to SP. The challenge is fly 6k or 8 segs by Oct. 31, they would move him up to SP through 2006. So again, doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck!
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:14 am

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Down to the finish line

I'm glad to see so many folks being able to take advantage of the CP challange as it turns out to be a last hurrah for the old DM Program. Given the new merger changes in the DM program which essentially devalues the DM program, those of us who complete this challange at least get the opportunity to delay the inevitable until 2007.

We're off to MAD in a week to complete our final mileage run.

Happy and safe travels to other US flyers who are making their final runs.

Barry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.