Air One Lounge Access

Old Sep 22, 05, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Plat, Medallion Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat
Air One Lounge Access

From the Usairways website:

Dividend Miles Preferred members, along with customers flying Y Class on Air One are invited to visit the Air One Welcome lounge at the Rome Fiumicino airport, the Piermarini lounge at Milan Linate and the VIP lounges at the Turin, Genoa and Trieste.

Does this mean all Preferred levels, or just *G? I have family flying through FCO who are Silver and i would love to have them use the lounge. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old Sep 24, 05, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by neildibiase
From the Usairways website:

Dividend Miles Preferred members, along with customers flying Y Class on Air One are invited to visit the Air One Welcome lounge at the Rome Fiumicino airport, the Piermarini lounge at Milan Linate and the VIP lounges at the Turin, Genoa and Trieste.

Does this mean all Preferred levels, or just *G? I have family flying through FCO who are Silver and i would love to have them use the lounge. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
FCO is now an "Envoy" Lounge; the Mosaici lounge used to be accessible to *G members but is now only for AC *G flying on AC or US Envoy's passengers.
Old Sep 27, 05, 10:44 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by frankytalia
FCO is now an "Envoy" Lounge; the Mosaici lounge used to be accessible to *G members but is now only for AC *G flying on AC or US Envoy's passengers.
Does that mean no access even for Star Gold?? By the way, is the "Welcome Lounge" an arrival or departure (or both) lounge? I will be flying into FCO in 2 weeks and was wondering if there is any where I can freshen up upon landing. I will be flying in Y. Thanks in advance.

LAX
Old Sep 27, 05, 11:09 am

Programs: UA
I am sorry, I misunderstood your question:

- The AirOne welcome lounge in FCO (terminal A) is available for departure only on AirOne flights. Most of the employees I have come into are unaware that US *G passengers are given access but if they look up in their folder they have a memo in there. This is not a general *G lounge, and US *S doesn't have access to it.

- Other *A carriers that leave from Terminal B (LH, OS,...): They give *G an invitation for the Aeroporti di Roma lounge when flying on their own flights;

- Other *A carriers that leave from Terminal C (US, AC): Only AC *G flying on AC are permitted access to the mini-lounge at that terminal; US Envoy passengers are given an invitation to access the Mosaici lounge, no *G access. TG *G have a special agreement at that same lounge for access.

Search this Thread