Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New tray-table "enhancement"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by shinbal
What makes me laugh is the marketing company's assertion that the ads will reach an "affluent and captive audience". Captive, yes. But affluent? Advertising in a platform catering to those search for the lowest price is not targeting affluence. The airline's numerous steps to direct the business traveller away from its planes tells me that there are better ways for those types of advertisers to reach their markets.
It's relative. US certainly isn't targeting the trailer park crowd.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Well Bud, get used to it. I'll be the guy pulling down $1.6M/yr sitting next to you with the Treo 650 plugged in during loading, listening to Ultimate Fakebook, Unwritten Law, Pepper, Train, Trapt and a load of bands you will roll your nose up at. Advertising on trays makes you feel trashy? How do you think I feel sitting next to you? I am sooooooo damned glad that I will never live in the USA East of PHX. AMS and PHX are the perfect match for me.
FYI, bragging about how much money you make is a sure-fire way to offend Dutch people.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:48 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by murphy
FYI, bragging about how much money you make is a sure-fire way to offend Dutch people.
I obviously wasn't responding to a Dutch person as he's trying to sound holier than thou. BTW, I am Dutch and meant that as a poke in the eye to someone who obviously feels they are better than others, and not to brag. There are several US Air customers that are making these sorts of statements on FlyerTalk and all I can do is roll my eyes and thank God that I don't live in the eastern part of the US as this "I am better than you" attitude seems to be prevalent there. It makes me feel glad that the Dutch rid themselves of the eastern US and got the Brits stuck there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.