Community
Wiki Posts
Search

quick question on upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

quick question on upgrades

My Mom Dad and I are all silver this year. even though in my aruba post about me earning dad's miles, because I would fly anymore that has changed and I will be achieving my Gold Status by October 31 good until feb 2007! anyhow now the question is. If Mom and Dad dont requalify for next year they will become basic again. and since we fly together we want to be in the same cabin all 3 of us. I know I can only upgrade 1 companion with me. Is there any possilbe trick or way I can also Upgrade another person. I mean 3 days before my flights lets say mom and I get upgraded. Is there ANY way I can call in and say that I want to upgrade a companion. Will they have Mom upgraded thanks to me in the pc, and will they say no to dad upgrading. not sure how this companion thing works! also part of this question is another question. Do Mom and dad have to be all booked on the same record locator, for my companion upgrades to work. I mean lets say were all flying from ord-lax. and my record locator is 111111 mom is 22222 and dad is 333333. can I call after booking and get mom on the upgrade Q as a companion of a US GOLD? I know you CAN seperate itineraries booked together, but can you merge lol (this word sounds awfully now) anyhow thanks to all who reply!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
It's real simple. One companion upgrade. The only way you can get another one upgraded is if you have a gate agent willing to do it for you, or you use miles. When I've been able to manage an additional upgrade has always been due to a very nice gate agent.

If you and your companion are on different records, they'll have to link your reservation and theirs - meaning if Mom and Dad are linked, they'll delink them, and relink one of them with you.

You can always upgrade one on the way out, and the other on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.