Wiki Posts
Search

Date for Merging of Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver!
Question Date for Merging of Flights?

Does anyone know when the US and HP flights will be merged? Specifically, I would like to fly from an HP city (YVR) to a US city (GSP) for Christmas. Is there a certain date that has been set where I can buy a ticket between these cities using the new US?

Obviously, I would like miles for this flight, but the UA and AC flights are pretty expensive for my small budget.

Sorry, but I haven't been following the US-HP merger very closely.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

It will be a couple of years before the integration is fully implemented, but I would think that after September 27 (official merger closing date), the flights will be codeshared, at least.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:24 pm

Programs: US dividend miles, Omni Select Guest, United Mplus
Hey! I live in spartanburg, SC just a few mins. from GSP (which by the way is a great, award winning airport..) and i suggest trying to choose a different departure airport that offers usairways service, or make a connection in a usairways city. US is the main carrier at GSP, you won't regret flying into the upstate on our local Carolina airline.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Silver!
Originally Posted by usairwaysLamb
Hey! I live in spartanburg, SC just a few mins. from GSP (which by the way is a great, award winning airport..) and i suggest trying to choose a different departure airport that offers usairways service, or make a connection in a usairways city. US is the main carrier at GSP, you won't regret flying into the upstate on our local Carolina airline.
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. Actually YVR is an alternate airport The problem is that I live on an island that to fly off of it (from YYJ) tacks on another $150 or so, to ferry to YVR is $75 RT and to ferry to SEA is $90 RT (plus hotel for the cheaper SEA flights due to the limited ferry schedule). For all you frequent fliers out there... never move to an island.

Flying out of GSP lots of times (I used to live there), I've found that flying out of CLT is often cheaper (plus the parking is dirt cheap at $2.75 per day I think). I wish there was a website that would continually track the prices between every combination of my 3 destination airports and my 4 arrival airports and notify me of deals. Travelocity does this, but I can only enter in up to 5 of the 12 combinations.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 11:25 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
YYJGuy,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

It probably doesn't help you much, but you could buy half HP and half US to get you where you need to go. Every once in a while, a split ticket like this will come up cheap, if you don't mind multiple connections. Expedia will often do this automatically on out of the way places.
Even if you have to credit to HP and US for now, the programs will merge soon enough that the miles will be reunited.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 7:41 pm

FlightFund/DM Tiers

I was told today by a FlightFund rep that they would "definitely" be having 4 tiers: Silver, Gold, Plat, and CP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.