Merger Update for Preferred Members

Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Sally4th
Could be a standard-ish glitch. Have you tried unchecking, saving, rechecking and save again? I'm another lowly Silver that did receive this email. HTH

Twice....
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by dukeman
..... I'm CP and the only communication I receive from US is my DM statement every month. No e-savers, no communications... nothing......
Same here They were good until I changed my primary email address; numerous attempts to stay on the e-savers and whatever else lists have failed. Luckily, I still get email confirmation of my flights booked on the US website!

Oh well, maybe things would improve post-merger.......
Old Sep 22, 2005, 7:42 pm

HP Bookings

CP desk said that they could start booking flights on 10/3 for flights after 10/5
Old Nov 5, 2005, 4:01 am

Programs: UA
I got in the mail today a brochure detailing the same heresy, as announced; 25% for silver, CP up to 120 segments, etc...

I was expecting them to move back somehow, I hope they will by the beginning of next benefit year.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by frankytalia
I got in the mail today a brochure detailing the same heresy, as announced; 25% for silver, CP up to 120 segments, etc...

I was expecting them to move back somehow, I hope they will by the beginning of next benefit year.

I just received my blue card from America West (Chairman's) and the letter mentioned that I only needed 100 segments this year. Luckily, that is good. The bad thing is, I do not see the Gold, Platinum's ex rolling back to the higher percentage bonuses.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:59 pm

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
I just received my blue card from America West (Chairman's) and the letter mentioned that I only needed 100 segments this year. Luckily, that is good. The bad thing is, I do not see the Gold, Platinum's ex rolling back to the higher percentage bonuses.
Just to clarify: that is for the 2005 year qualifying through 02/2007, right? My understanding is that for 2006 (qualifying through 02/2008), you will have to have 120 segments?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by kudzu
Same here They were good until I changed my primary email address; numerous attempts to stay on the e-savers and whatever else lists have failed. Luckily, I still get email confirmation of my flights booked on the US website!

Oh well, maybe things would improve post-merger.......
This CAN be fixed but it required a very patient customer on a quiet afternoon.

Part of the problem is Multiple data bases and them being linked in a really half arsed way. Try it when you have the second most common male name in America and their are NINE others with your name that are CP's. It took a full afternoon and that was WITH the connections I developed from FFOCUS. Mark Kuhns and Shawn Cordes are gone now so you need to start with DMSC and work through to the CP desk AND Consumer Affairs.

Fisrt step is to make sure those entities all have EXACTLY the same information. The Middle Initial and e-mail address seem to be critical in determining exactly who you are in US cyberville.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, UA 2P, US Dirt (Yay!)
You'd think they'd use something like, oh, your FF number!
Old Nov 8, 2005, 1:55 am

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.
i heard that SA certs for CP was going to be gone under this merger!
true?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:03 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sarahlee
i heard that SA certs for CP was going to be gone under this merger!
true?
that would be a new one

the everybody SA certs for any fare that clear at gate only are the ones that are disappearing
Old Nov 8, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by PHLDividends
Just to clarify: that is for the 2005 year qualifying through 02/2007, right? My understanding is that for 2006 (qualifying through 02/2008), you will have to have 120 segments?

Right you are.. next year it is 120 segments.... so I may be Platinum in 2007... oh well... But 1 year is a long way off.. many things can happen.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by jhpark
You'd think they'd use something like, oh, your FF number!
They DO use that number! For Dividend Miles. The E-savers key off your e-mail. If they are different God Help You. If you use your middle initial on DM, use it when you create you usairways.com profile

You have to set this up quite carefully otherwise it falls into Cyber Hades never to be seen. I'm still wrestling with AVIS on getting miles credited
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:51 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by PineyBob
You have to set this up quite carefully otherwise it falls into Cyber Hades never to be seen. I'm still wrestling with AVIS on getting miles credited
I just had Avis miles from May 10 & July 20 magically appear in my US account. Also, a Wyndham stay from August 23. I was begining to wonder if they would ever show up!
Old Nov 10, 2005, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Ive asked this before, but now it seems that there is conflicting info. The most recent email from US said that the status for next year will be based on the higher of the two airlines you have status with at the end of this year. Previously, it had been mentioned that elite/preferred miles would be combined to achieve the new status...Why the change?
Old Nov 10, 2005, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Plat
PineyBob: be sure to let Avis know you're irritated - I kept emailing them about my missing miles and when they finally got it fixed, they also tacked on 1000 miles for each missing rental - 9000 miles total!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.