Using FRA Arrivals Lounge when connecting?

Old Sep 18, 05, 11:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Using FRA Arrivals Lounge when connecting?

How easy is it to use the FRA Envoy Arrivals lounge when connecting to a UK-bound LH flight?

I am not Star Gold so wouldn't get access as I'm connecting in coach. I can spend an extra 10K for a business award which I don't want to do but if it means lounge access for 4 1/2 hours it may be worth it.
Old Sep 18, 05, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K
I believe you can use the arrivals lounge if you are flying business class. But the last time I did this was a few years ago. Anyone have more recent information?
Old Sep 18, 05, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I am flying business for the transatlantic but didn't know how hard it is to get to the arrivals lounge and then back to the gate for a LH connection.
Old Sep 19, 05, 6:22 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
FRA does not have an Envoy arrivals lounge but uses the Sheraton Hotel across the walkway instead. Since you have onward travel on LH, you can also use the United Red Carpet Club, Lufthansa Senator or Business Lounges. It is no problem to use anyone of the options with 4.5 hours between flights.
Old Sep 19, 05, 3:58 pm

Planeluvr:
In the past, I have made inquiries regarding the Frankfurt Airport Sheraton as an arrival lounge to internat'l check-in, internat'l reservations, and CP desk but no one is aware of this service or if it ever existed. Perhaps it is something that was available several years ago but has been discontinued. I also emailed hotel and was advised that a room could be used but only if US paid for it. Although I have used the hotel on several occasions for short stays, this was only after paying the expensive day rate. Has there been a recent change? Thanks for any info.
Old Sep 19, 05, 4:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RMC500
Planeluvr:
In the past, I have made inquiries regarding the Frankfurt Airport Sheraton as an arrival lounge to internat'l check-in, internat'l reservations, and CP desk but no one is aware of this service or if it ever existed. Perhaps it is something that was available several years ago but has been discontinued. I also emailed hotel and was advised that a room could be used but only if US paid for it. Although I have used the hotel on several occasions for short stays, this was only after paying the expensive day rate. Has there been a recent change? Thanks for any info.
Interesting - as it is still listed on the Envoy Class lounge website.
Old Sep 19, 05, 8:58 pm

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
How easy is it to use the FRA Envoy Arrivals lounge when connecting to a UK-bound LH flight?

I am not Star Gold so wouldn't get access as I'm connecting in coach. I can spend an extra 10K for a business award which I don't want to do but if it means lounge access for 4 1/2 hours it may be worth it.
The original post says he is not Star Gold and connecting in coach. I didn't read that he was traveling transatlantic in business. If you are not traveling in business and not gold, you can not use the lounge.
Old Sep 19, 05, 9:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by santarosaflyer
The original post says he is not Star Gold and connecting in coach. I didn't read that he was traveling transatlantic in business. If you are not traveling in business and not gold, you can not use the lounge.
will be in transatlantic business class - thus the arrivals lounge access - the onward shouldn't matter as I would have the lounge access even if I was terminating in FRA - just wondering how difficult it is to get to the lounge and then back to a UK-bound LH flight

Search this Thread