GoFares gone??

Old Sep 16, 05, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways SP, AAdvanage, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, more to come
GoFares gone??

I was just on the site ready to book my ticket for BUF-MCO.... but noticed the GoFares seem to be gone Anybody know if this is correct? Or am I just on the wrong page?
Gagan
Old Sep 16, 05, 7:56 pm

I think you're right! Link is gone from their homepage, and the information is gone from the promotions list. I checked fareQuote to see if the fares are still listed for dates late this fall & didn't see the low Go Fare price listed on any of the city pairs I checked. Was there a warning that these fares were being pulled that only mwarrior and I missed?
Old Sep 16, 05, 9:58 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
I'm guessing this is the first phase of HPization... hopefully no more "super special discounted fares" means no more BloFares for business travel.
Old Sep 17, 05, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways SP, AAdvanage, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, more to come
BWI: I just punched in BUF-MCO and found a $118+taxes fare, but it only shows one connection (but still had the 3 transfer each way rule). Any idea how I would book something with more segments? I'm trying to get CP before October 31 (good ol' challenges).

After that I guess its off to AA or something until they get decent pricing that lasts

Gagan
Old Sep 17, 05, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by mwarrior
BWI: I just punched in BUF-MCO and found a $118+taxes fare, but it only shows one connection (but still had the 3 transfer each way rule). Any idea how I would book something with more segments? I'm trying to get CP before October 31 (good ol' challenges).

Gagan
You should attend one of Viajero Joven's mileage run seminars that he advertises in the "mileage run" forum. Basically, you need to look at the fare rules and then figure out where that fare allows you to connect and then build you trip from there, making sure that the partiular booking class is available for each flight you select.
Old Sep 17, 05, 8:56 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by mwarrior
Any idea how I would book something with more segments?
Check the routing rules (using Expedia.com) to see which cities are valid to route through on the fare you found and then go to usairways.com and use the ADVANCED SEARCH button and then pick ADD MORE CITIES to construct your run by putting in departure and arrival cities that you know will automatically get a connection added in between them.

If the fare you get is alot higher than what you expected, then click on that "i" which shows you the FARE RULES and you will probably see that the particular fare you were shooting for was sold out on one or more of your segments, so it booked you in a higher one. Then it's back to the drawing board and just try the same thing again on a different day (or try it with a different time on the problem segment that is coming up with a different fare class) to see if you can snag it there.

Try and try again.
Old Sep 17, 05, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
I'm guessing this is the first phase of HPization... hopefully no more "super special discounted fares" means no more BloFares for business travel.
I wish I were so optimistic. The fare for the PIT-BWI flight, which I am driving instead of flying this week, is still $988.
Old Sep 17, 05, 9:39 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
What is Seth going to do for a living now???
Old Sep 17, 05, 11:10 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
Originally Posted by Spiff
A: Hand out pretzels and limes on Express flights...
Old Sep 17, 05, 11:12 am

Get a job at Southwest?
Old Sep 17, 05, 1:57 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Drive the GoFares hummer as Crellin's limo driver in Tempe.

Join a punk rock band.

Work for marketing at FlyI... wait, if there, he probably won't have a job long, the shape they're in.

Search this Thread