Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Roulette?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA 1K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Fare Roulette?

I am dumbfounded over the fare structure (or lack thereof). Will be travelling CLT-DCA last week of Sept. Had made my reservation several weeks ago and was able to snare an excellent fare dep Sun PM, ret Thur PM for $156. Was going to fly my wife up for one night when I will be recognized by my professional peers and found that even before the 3 week window that fares to DCA up Wed, ret Thur were $950. That wasn't going to work so she was going to fly to IAD and take a taxi into DC for an extra $100. Best US fare to IAD was in the $150 range, no doubt due to competition from Independence. Was ready to make her res this past Monday when I thought I'd check DCA again and, much to my surprise, the RT CLT-DCA Wed-Thur was $186. Booked it on the spot. Maybe we will both be able to U/G on the return ;-). CLT has not yet seen the GoFares so I was surprised to find my fare at $156 and even more surprised to find my wife's fare down to $186 from $950. Is this all US or has HP started have some influence over the fare structure? If we can see consistent reasonable fares ($150 is too low in my opinion), maybe they can pull it off with repeat, loyal customers.

Fltsrgn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.