Wiki Posts
Search

Decent Fares from WAS to west Coast

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: us1
Decent Fares from WAS to west Coast

Looks like you can fly DCA-SAN/SEA for $235 al in that isn't too bad. Looks like it it is good for same day turnaround, so if anyone needs some miles before the end of October.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:13 am

Programs: UA1P, AGR Select Plus,Hhonors Gold
saw the same fares for Lax and sfo about $235 all in.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:00 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Booked this last night, SAN-PHL-DCA-CLT-SAN, needed two tickets, but only one was available at the lower price. I ended up with $514 all in for two, still nice for Veteran's Day weekend 11/10-13.

I have two $200 travel vouchers to apply to the purchase, even nicer. ^
Old Sep 15, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: US Airways CP
Thanks for this post. I need to make a presentation in SEA on 10-27 and have been trying to find a decent DCA-SEA fare. However, I can only get the fares you mentioned out of BWI. Can you tell me what days / flights you are finding the lower DCA fares?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sierra
Thanks for this post. I need to make a presentation in SEA on 10-27 and have been trying to find a decent DCA-SEA fare. However, I can only get the fares you mentioned out of BWI. Can you tell me what days / flights you are finding the lower DCA fares?

Thanks!
My dates are in my post, a redeye SAN-DCA 11/10 and a mid afternoon DCA-SAN 11/13.

I did notice that the fare only came up for me when I searched by price, and also when I used the designator "WAS" rather than DCA or IAD, no idea why.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: us1
10/22 to DCA-SAN
10/29 IAD-SEA

didn't have to look too hard for availability. If anyone is flying these days, I am US 1 and flying alone, so if you need help upgrading let me know
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:13 pm

Well, I ended up ticketing SAN-PHL-DCA outbound and IAD-CLT-SAN on the return at the times I wanted. SAN-DCA-SAN was considerably more. It was an S fare, $237.30 all in minus a $200 travel voucher, x2, including my wife. $74.60 out of pocket for two transcon RTs.

The base fare was $198 and the the TA had to call the help desk to make it work with the $200 voucher, but he managed to get it to happen after about 20 minutes of trying. Great ticket agent, Larry Brewer at SAN, retiring in two weeks after 33 years with the company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.