Need 8530 miles to make Gold

Old Sep 14, 2005, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Need 8530 miles to make Gold

Mrs 925 is "only" 8530 miles from Gold. She is willing to take one mileage run to make it (not to Europe), but not two.

Is there any way to get some of the needed 8530 miles in any way other than BIS? Credit card? Double EQM? Any way at all?

Is US domestic business class currently 50% or 100% EQM bonus? UA?

Last edited by 925; Sep 14, 2005 at 11:09 am Reason: Add last paragraph
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:42 am

A roundtrip between Seatle and CLT NONSTOP is 2275 miles each way If you book on www.usairways.com and fly thru SEP 30, 2005 you get additional 1000 miles towards prefferd status so thats 5550 already. 2980 to go!
add a few more segments. from clt to dca its 500 more miles each way so 1980 to go. FROM DCA there a 6 cities where us airways has new service where you get 2x preffered miles. living in chicago i know you get 2x preffered miles on dca nonstop so that 612 base preffered x2 so from dca-ord each way thru 1224. so dca-ord roundtrip is 2448!
so Im guessing that would do it.

so finnaly here would be your routing:
seattle-charlotte(overnight)-washington reagen-chicago-washington reagen-charlotte-seattle (possibly that same evening). therefore in less than 24hrs, you would get almost 9000 miles and you would become GOLD preffered.

when I get home I will try to route you like this w/ real world flights. I will go on usairways.com and get the flights and everything. You will not be able to book this at once on the site(thats were you need to book for the preffed booking bonus miles) so I suggest. One booking from seatle-clt roundtrip and another from clt - chicago roundtrip.

anyhow good luck I know what you mean! im 12k away from preffered with 6k posting soon. Still I worried. Good Luck to ya! as I said later I will try to find a nice routing for you so its all same day!
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:46 am

Why is she not willing to go to Europe? That would definitely be the easiest way rack up 8,000+ miles fast. US just sent out an email about low fares to Europe this fall.....can anyone say "Thanksgiving in Paris???? That's my plan....

KIM
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:56 am

Programs: US lowlife
I've done Thanksgiving in Paris already. A good time.

-JC
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kimharp
Why is she not willing to go to Europe? That would definitely be the easiest way rack up 8,000+ miles fast.
She has already been and back once this year on US, and perceives Europe as "too much" right now...
Old Sep 14, 2005, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
seattle-charlotte(overnight)-washington reagen-chicago-washington reagen-charlotte-seattle (possibly that same evening). therefore in less than 24hrs, you would get almost 9000 miles and you would become GOLD preffered.

as I said later I will try to find a nice routing for you so its all same day!
Now we are talking! If it can be in one day and not on a prop plane on any leg, I am home free. If it is a red-eye or a prop plane I have to work her harder...
Old Sep 14, 2005, 12:38 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Being from the west coast, its not hard to do it without a redeye.

A FC ticket will substantially speed things up as well too, if she wants to do it in style.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 1:55 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Here's a possibility that would require a redeye and an overnight in FLL and use a nested roundtrip. Fly from Seattle to PHL (2372 miles), connect to somewhere based on fare for another 500 miles. Nest a roundtrip to FLL in there out of that city for another 500+992 miles each way through PHL. Stay on the beach in FLL one night and reverse direction. Total miles come out to 8728. A grind, but doable over a weekend with the bonus of a night on the beach.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:10 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Or fly SEA-PHL-FLL-EYW (Key West) and return. Before the end of September with the booking bonus, it would be 8738 - no hotels needed. A true cross-country trip.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by 925
Now we are talking! If it can be in one day and not on a prop plane on any leg, I am home free. If it is a red-eye or a prop plane I have to work her harder...

The transoncs are all Airbus. And the clt-dca are also big planes w/ F class the dca-ord-dca is all EMB-170. they dont have f class but they are nice! Do you have a max amount you want to spend?
Old Sep 14, 2005, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
The transoncs are all Airbus. And the clt-dca are also big planes w/ F class the dca-ord-dca is all EMB-170. they dont have f class but they are nice! Do you have a max amount you want to spend?
No max to spend, but obviously, the leat necessary and still get her to go.

Does the DCA-???-DCA double mileage cities have big planes instead of small ones?
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 925
No max to spend, but obviously, the leat necessary and still get her to go.

Does the DCA-???-DCA double mileage cities have big planes instead of small ones?
AFAIK, They are all RJ flights. All of the ones to ATL are, for sure. Someone correct me if I'm off-base.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by jaymay
AFAIK, They are all RJ flights. All of the ones to ATL are, for sure. Someone correct me if I'm off-base.

The Double Miles flights thru 9/30 (DCA-ATL, ORD, DFW, IAH, CLE)are all on E-70s. Not quite RJs, but not quite mainline either (no FC). The E-70s are pretty nice though.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaymay
I checked. The whole purpose of the double mile promotion is to introduce their customers to the new E-70s. So they are ALL E-70s. Which is probably OK.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:07 am

Programs: American AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by 925
She has already been and back once this year on US, and perceives Europe as "too much" right now...
All this proposed domestic bouncing around has me tired just reading it. I suggest telling, or politely encouraging, her to get over herself and take a hop to Europe. Less wear and tear, and some wonderful places to spend a few days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.