TA SA Upgrades - Lots of ?

Old Sep 13, 05, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Question TA SA Upgrades - Lots of ?

Hi
My family (2A and 2 children) will going LGW to MCO (via CLT) in Oct.

We are thinking of using DS0087 vouchers and have some questions.....

Are we less likely to be upgraded because of the children? I could understand why but they are extremely good kids and are already very well travelled.

Would alarm bells ring at the desk because I am not a member of their flying program? Would I have to explain how I got them?

Should I present the vouchers at the coach desk or at the envoy desk at LGW?

What would you say my chances of the upgrade are, say less than 50%? 4 PAX too much to hope for?

The tickets we have are from Expedia. I can't find details of the class or any restrictions. Should they be suitable for use with vouchers ( I will ring them tomorrow)?

We are hoping that if it all works then we will do the same for the return in Nov.

Many thanks and sorry for all the questions.....

Darrat

Last edited by darrat; Sep 21, 05 at 10:02 am
Old Sep 13, 05, 6:18 pm
PHL

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
You would need 8 of those to upgrade 4 roundtrip tickets (each good for one way). The Fall/Winter isn't as tough as the summer, but 4 people is a stretch if you don't have any status with the airline.

You would call ahead, tell them what coupon you have and ask to get on the meal list - sometimes they cater enough food for paid/confirmed seats only and will leave seats empty if they don't have enough meals, even though there are people who wanted to upgrade.

Getting on the meal list in no way puts you on any other kind of upgrade list - you still have to check in for your coach seats and politely ask the agent to put you and your 3 companions on the upgrade list. Ask him/her how many people are ahead of you vs. how many seats are available and you'll have an idea. Will you take all or none, or will you accept 2 and send your wife and one kid to the back? Decisions...decisions...
Old Sep 13, 05, 7:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
If your kids are well behaved, it probably won't happen. This airline loves to stick kids in First Class, but only ones that are loud, spoiled, and will not sleep until just before landing. Another requirement. Their mother needs to ignore them, fight with the father, and moan that the "Nanny" is in Coach. If you can meet those criteria, have we got an airline for you.
Old Sep 14, 05, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deelmakur
If your kids are well behaved, it probably won't happen. This airline loves to stick kids in First Class, but only ones that are loud, spoiled, and will not sleep until just before landing. Another requirement. Their mother needs to ignore them, fight with the father, and moan that the "Nanny" is in Coach. If you can meet those criteria, have we got an airline for you.
I could always give them Red Bull and sugar if that helps

I have just phoned to check the class of the Expedia ticket. The lady was a bit unsure - she told me it was a T class eticket and is NOT upgradeable and the DS00087 won't work.

Is she right?
Old Sep 14, 05, 7:08 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by darrat
I have just phoned to check the class of the Expedia ticket. The lady was a bit unsure - she told me it was a T class eticket and is NOT upgradeable and the DS00087 won't work.

Is she right?
Nope - DS0087s work with any paid ticket. The non upgradeable bit she was seeing was in reference to miles.

Search this Thread