Wiki Posts
Search

New CP

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

New CP

Well,

After years of flying with Airways, I finally hit cp status today. Can anyone tell me the main difference besides the 7 days for upgrade?

I know people talk about the cp desk and liasions, but honestly I don't think I've called the gold desk more than once a year.

Thanks, any info would be nice.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by goflyme
Well,

After years of flying with Airways, I finally hit cp status today. Can anyone tell me the main difference besides the 7 days for upgrade?

I know people talk about the cp desk and liasions, but honestly I don't think I've called the gold desk more than once a year.

A little known benefit is that CP can perform in-flight marriages.

Unfortunately, they are only valid whilst aloft. In some cases this is desired and , if asked, I usualy do it pro bono, but I do insist on a short session of councilling.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: US1
Trust me when you hit bad weather in PHL (or anything in PHL for that matter). Or have any problems at any airport they will be your saving angel. At least they have been for me. I talked to Cathy (I always ask for her extension when I call the CP desk) and she told me ANYTIME I have a problem anywhere to call her for help. She said if any US GA or TA is giving you trouble call me.

I have taken advantage of this as there were a couple of times I came across some TA's one from Montreal and one time I was in Germany. I called the CP desk and lucky for me Cathy was there both times. Cathy told me to just step aside in line but to stay at the front desk where I was. Moments later the desk agents phone rang and my problem was taken care of. I have talked to Cathy a few times. I think one of the reasons she might remember me is that I have a very UNIQUE last name that no one can really forget.

If you come to like a certain CP agent get their first and last name. When you call the desk they can transfer you to them if you want. It might require a little hold time but they will do it for you. I love the CP desk.

T

Well,

Old Sep 12, 2005, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Well,

It's simple...................they are GOD.

Enjoy your time in Heaven.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 3:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
additionally, as I only learned in the last couple of months, they are the ones to call for international reservations as well. They don't actually make the res, but they apparently have a dedicated line to International specially for CP's. Can save tons of time waiting on the phone.

Oh, and welcome to CP!! You'll love it.
But don't tell anyone where the clubhouse is or show them the secret handshake.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 3:38 pm

Programs: US CP
Can anyone tell me the main difference besides the 7 days for upgrade?
Don't forget about the free transatlantic upgrades for you and a companion that come with CP status.

Got my membership materials today and there they were.

P.S. I think the way they word it on the website is "two one-way transatlantic upgrades for you and a companion". Anyway, from the way I read that, I thought I would only be getting two one-way upgrades, forcing me to use miles or cash if I wanted to upgrade roundtrip, but no I was wrong. There are two certificates for you AND two for the companion, which will add up to a round-trip of upgrades. Glad I misunderstood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.