FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   Buh-Bye Pretzels? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/471862-buh-bye-pretzels.html)

dirkman Sep 12, 2005 10:49 am

Buh-Bye Pretzels?

I changed tickets recently and got stuck in the back on a DCA DEN flight on US and was surprised to be told "we no longer serve pretzels in coach". It happened again on a PIT DCA connection Saturday, and there weren't pretzels in the snack basket in first on the DEN PIT flight earlier that day. When did this change?

Minor, I know, and not that big of a deal, but it is motivation to at least buy a protein bar to hold me over next time I can't upgrade. I will miss the four pretzel snaps in that little yellow bag.

jimcfsus Sep 12, 2005 10:54 am

Another one of those cost saving moves from CCY... old news... it was effective on September 1.

They should use the pretzels as CCY bonuses. :p

kinglobjaw Sep 12, 2005 11:24 am

Originally Posted by dirkman
I changed tickets recently and got stuck in the back on a DCA DEN flight on US

so now us airways flies nonstop from dca to den since when????

dirkman Sep 12, 2005 11:54 am

[QUOTE=kinglobjaw]

Originally Posted by dirkman
I changed tickets recently and got stuck in the back on a DCA DEN flight on US
QUOTE]

so now us airways flies nonstop from dca to den since when????

Sorry to add to the confusion -- it's not a direct, non-stop. US has an a.m. flight from DCA that makes a stop in CLT, then continuing service to DEN. The return has to come thru either CLT, PHL or PIT, and I think the DEN PIT DCA is the fastest of the three.

kinglobjaw Sep 12, 2005 4:02 pm

[QUOTE=dirkman]

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw

Sorry to add to the confusion -- it's not a direct, non-stop. US has an a.m. flight from DCA that makes a stop in CLT, then continuing service to DEN. The return has to come thru either CLT, PHL or PIT, and I think the DEN PIT DCA is the fastest of the three.

oh ya thats the one lol i forgot about that one I was on that one on the 27 of august, but in clt i connected to cancun. lol first they announced it was to denver and that we would have to park at Terminal B in clt but suddnely we arrive at d5 short walk for me to d13 to my nice 767. anyhow they changed that flight to going on to montego bay. Boy where those denver folks unhappy lol!!!! by the way If you fly one of those direct flight where you just land and continue to you get 2 preffered segments or 1????-

safetymom Sep 12, 2005 4:13 pm

You get one segment.