PHL-YYT no seats?

Old Sep 9, 05, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

PHL-YYT no seats?

I wonder if you knowledgeable folks can help me. I contacted the Star Alliance desk at USAir for a flight from PHL to YYT (St. John's Newfoundland) on specific dates. Thinking this was an unusual flight request, I was surprised that they had no availability.

Now, I know next to nothing about these things. Is there anything else I can do? What are the odds that there might be some if I wait a week ( the trip is in two weeks)? Do people frequently reserve and then cancel when using FF miles?

Any helpl or insights you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 9, 05, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
It's probably because you'll have to transfer to Air Canada, so either it's the US Air flight to Toronto / Montreal, or the connecting flight on some small RJ or turbo prop.
Old Sep 10, 05, 1:21 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
yyz-yyt is operated by an a320, yul-yyt on an a319. Ask where the availability problem is and try to route creatively. if phl-yyz-yyt isn't open, phl-us-iad-ua-yul-ac-yhz-ac-yyt might be.. though it would probably take you a full day of flying
Old Sep 12, 05, 7:55 am

You could also try PHL US BOS AC YHZ AC YYT...
Old Sep 12, 05, 7:49 pm

Depending on the time of year, reward seats to YYT can be rather tough to snag. In addition, Air Canada are downsizing its flights to CRJ-700s in the coming months, so seat should be even tighter. In my experience, flights stopping in Halifax have the most likely to have open reward seats, rather than the non-stops from Toronto or Montreal. Good luck.

Search this Thread