Wiki Posts
Search

Bos - Pit $1160

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM
Bos - Pit $1160

BOS - PIT is still a nice monopoly route with minimum $1160 mid-week fares. I used to fly this in the 1990s and it was around $800..... so much for the "new" US Airways.

I am advising someone flying this route. You can get fares around $250 with a connection. On the return he will arrive in time for the PIT-BOS non-stop. Can he got on this flight on a standby basis? He has no *A status or anything like that.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
This "rape me" fare has been going on for far too long. My company is forcing me to fly WN because of this too. I hope the "new" US follows the HP pricing policies or they will still be screwed, or it it us? Either way it sucks.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:06 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Fare sale!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Ok, but what about standing by for the non-stop? IIRC, US used to have some $25 nonsense but definitely worth it in this case. This person has no general interest in flying extra legs to earn miles.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by gnaget
Ok, but what about standing by for the non-stop? IIRC, US used to have some $25 nonsense but definitely worth it in this case. This person has no general interest in flying extra legs to earn miles.
Yes, for $25 he can do the non-stop space available.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Nice Blow Fare!!!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Interesting that these low fares with connections are only on Orbitz but not the US website.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:08 pm

I just bought two PHL-CDG (Paris) tickets for early November for $535 each all in, less than 1 non-stop round trip ticket PIT-BOS. Insane.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 4:56 pm

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
The net result of this will be PIT-PVD or PIT-MHT on LUV. Give it a year, and that fare will drop like a stone.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

It's $64 one-way on WN via PHL but there is no early am possibility.

On the outbound one can book the 6:30 AM via PHL and then stand by for the 6:10 AM non-stop to PIT. That's if you are doing a day-trip. On the way back you can stand by on the 5:40 pm.

They shouldn't profess that they have changed their ways with fares like this. Especially since it's 30% above the heyday of high fares in the late 1990s.

BOS-PHL used to be expensive but now you can fly for under $200 on a day trip.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a meeting in Saratoga Springs, NY next month. Checked fares PHL-ALB -- US wants $900 RT. However, flying from BWI connecting in PHL to ALB = $120 RT. BWI is only 1 hour from me....wonder which I picked?? If US would only be smarter about this -- I would pay $300 or $400 without flinching, but $900? And there are 2 of us travelling so the savings are even larger.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
To quote ART.......it's the fares stupid. I would love to meet the buffoon in USAIRWAYS that sets the fares for particular routes. He/She must have a degree in Economics from a 3rd world country.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:20 am
CMV

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by dukeman
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a meeting in Saratoga Springs, NY next month. Checked fares PHL-ALB -- US wants $900 RT. However, flying from BWI connecting in PHL to ALB = $120 RT. BWI is only 1 hour from me....wonder which I picked?? If US would only be smarter about this -- I would pay $300 or $400 without flinching, but $900? And there are 2 of us travelling so the savings are even larger.
I've had to do this, too, since PHL-BUF fares are usually in the $900+ range. (If you take Amtrak down, you can just get off in PHL on the way back.) I, too, would pay two to three hundred, but not $900.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by CMV
If you take Amtrak down, you can just get off in PHL on the way back.
That's exactly what I plan to do....
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:26 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by trvlr64
To quote ART.......it's the fares stupid. I would love to meet the buffoon in USAIRWAYS that sets the fares for particular routes. He/She must have a degree in Economics from a 3rd world country.
I thought they were just trained monkeys?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.