Better chance of TA upgrade at GA or Club?

Old Sep 9, 05, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP
Question Better chance of TA upgrade at GA or Club?

I have a bit of experience with the stress/thrill of a 11th hour upgrade (with miles or SA DS0087) flying between PHL and LGW, waiting until the last minutes before boarding. I will be checking in online as early as possible to increase my chances, but I would like to hear people's firsthand experiences on which has a better success rate, gate or Club?

My only try with the Club was LGW last month, and even though they tried their best at the Club they could not confirm my upgrade and I had to bolt last minute to the gate to get it, it was all controlled at the gate (even though there were only 10 flying in Envoy!). I'm still Silver until the end of October so Envoy lounge will probably be a no go unless they miraculously clear me at check in? So what do y'all think, Club or gate?

Cheers!
Old Sep 9, 05, 3:19 pm

I do better at the club.
Old Sep 10, 05, 8:05 am

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by bofie
I do better at the club.
Yep, always!
Old Sep 10, 05, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP
Thank you for your replies

Guess my strike out in LGW was an exception, I'll try again next flight end of this month. Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 05, 12:13 am

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI) [1991 - 2010]
Programs: Lifetime: UA United Club, AA Admirals Club & Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
Good to know.

Search this Thread