Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merger and QF club?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Merger and QF club?

Not sure if anyone has any insider info on this, but I thought I would ask. Does anyone know if the merger will affect US club access for QF club members?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:21 am

I am guessing it will fade away, as the agreement Qantas has is with US Airways, which is essentially soon to not exist as a company. AWA Holidings is buying US Airways Group, contrary to what they are marketing it as. In that case, Qantas would have to agree to have their contract transferred or one or both of them could end it.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:27 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Qantas is a HP partner and they have a codeshare agreement on some flights.

Why would the lounge agreement with US end?

If anything, it might be expanded to include use of the LAS and PHX lounges.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spiff
Qantas is a HP partner and they have a codeshare agreement on some flights.

Why would the lounge agreement with US end?

If anything, it might be expanded to include use of the LAS and PHX lounges.
Now that's what I like to hear. The QF club membership has been very good to me over the years.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by johnep1
Now that's what I like to hear. The QF club membership has been very good to me over the years.
Me too. Please remember that I am purely speculating on the future of the Qantas Pub/US Club partnership.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone tried to use a QF club card to access an HP lounge yet?
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Bumping this to see if anyone has been able to use their Qantas Club membership to enter an America West lounge. I haven't had any problem entering US clubs in CLT, PIT, PHL, DCA, etc. in the past few months, so it seems like the agreement hasn't ended. However, I'm wondering if the agents in the America West clubs know of the agreement.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 1:14 pm

Sorry, as one of the regular QP/US travelers, I have not. I don't have any HP flights scheduled either, alas...
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
The HP clubs are now all branded US Airways Clubs, with the same access policies as US Airways Clubs. I don't think you'll have any problem. The clubs were pretty much the first thing to actually merge.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FCYTravis
The HP clubs are now all branded US Airways Clubs, with the same access policies as US Airways Clubs. I don't think you'll have any problem. The clubs were pretty much the first thing to actually merge.
That's pretty much what I figured. However, I wonder if the American West club agents have been told that Qantas Club members are allowed entry. When I first joined the QF club in 2001, I had to educate the agents at a few AA and US lounges. Now they all seem to know what it is (although a few think that QF Club Bronze is the entry level into the QF program).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.