Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Other" city listed on itenerary outside travel dates?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold
Question "Other" city listed on itenerary outside travel dates?

I just booked my first DM award flight, flying next month TRI-LGA R/T. When I view the itenerary using virtuallythere.com, everything is correct, however at the bottom I have a section titled "other." It lists me as "confirmed" for PIT on April 12th (no other city or flight number listed). The DM Award trip next month is the only thing I have booked right now, and it doesn't inovolve PIT at all. Any ideas what this might be?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:27 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
This is normal for virtually there. I'm not sure what it means, but I see it all the time for December or Februrary 2006. Just ignore it. I think it has something to do with the agency that booked the ticket (US Airways in your case).
Old Sep 7, 2005, 7:40 am

Programs: US lowlife
Probably a leftover 'tidbit' that happens with reusing PNR's.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 7:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by UABigBird
This is normal for virtually there. I'm not sure what it means, but I see it all the time for December or Februrary 2006. Just ignore it. I think it has something to do with the agency that booked the ticket (US Airways in your case).

I tend to agree with this theory. When my corporate travel books flights for me, virtuallythere usually shows an LGA-EWR segment with a random date tacked on to the end. Also, after calling to cancel an upcoming MSY trip, it was replaced on virtuallythere by a PIT segment.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Adding this entry for a date in the future keeps the PNR current in reservation systems. Our corporate travel department does the same thing, which makes it easier for us to pull receipts 3-4 months after travel is complete. Once all the dates on a PNR pass, the PNR is archived and I believe requires additional steps to retrieve.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by UABigBird
Yep, every Virtually There itinerary I've gotten always has a miscellaneous entry at the bottom, usually involving PIT, at some future date. It has to be for the reasons others gave.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Adding this entry for a date in the future keeps the PNR current in reservation systems. Our corporate travel department does the same thing, which makes it easier for us to pull receipts 3-4 months after travel is complete. Once all the dates on a PNR pass, the PNR is archived and I believe requires additional steps to retrieve.

Thanks USFlyerUS! That actually makes sense!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.