FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   "Other" city listed on itenerary outside travel dates? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/470180-other-city-listed-itenerary-outside-travel-dates.html)

jophilpo Sep 7, 2005 1:00 am

"Other" city listed on itenerary outside travel dates?

I just booked my first DM award flight, flying next month TRI-LGA R/T. When I view the itenerary using virtuallythere.com, everything is correct, however at the bottom I have a section titled "other." It lists me as "confirmed" for PIT on April 12th (no other city or flight number listed). The DM Award trip next month is the only thing I have booked right now, and it doesn't inovolve PIT at all. Any ideas what this might be?

UABigBird Sep 7, 2005 6:27 am

This is normal for virtually there. I'm not sure what it means, but I see it all the time for December or Februrary 2006. Just ignore it. I think it has something to do with the agency that booked the ticket (US Airways in your case).

jcooke Sep 7, 2005 7:40 am

Probably a leftover 'tidbit' that happens with reusing PNR's.

shell nyc Sep 7, 2005 7:53 am

Originally Posted by UABigBird
This is normal for virtually there. I'm not sure what it means, but I see it all the time for December or Februrary 2006. Just ignore it. I think it has something to do with the agency that booked the ticket (US Airways in your case).

I tend to agree with this theory. When my corporate travel books flights for me, virtuallythere usually shows an LGA-EWR segment with a random date tacked on to the end. Also, after calling to cancel an upcoming MSY trip, it was replaced on virtuallythere by a PIT segment.

USFlyerUS Sep 7, 2005 8:09 am

Adding this entry for a date in the future keeps the PNR current in reservation systems. Our corporate travel department does the same thing, which makes it easier for us to pull receipts 3-4 months after travel is complete. Once all the dates on a PNR pass, the PNR is archived and I believe requires additional steps to retrieve.

UAzip Sep 7, 2005 8:27 am

Originally Posted by UABigBird

Yep, every Virtually There itinerary I've gotten always has a miscellaneous entry at the bottom, usually involving PIT, at some future date. It has to be for the reasons others gave.

shell nyc Sep 7, 2005 8:35 am

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Adding this entry for a date in the future keeps the PNR current in reservation systems. Our corporate travel department does the same thing, which makes it easier for us to pull receipts 3-4 months after travel is complete. Once all the dates on a PNR pass, the PNR is archived and I believe requires additional steps to retrieve.

Thanks USFlyerUS! That actually makes sense! :D