Interested in Your Thoughts & Support...

Old Sep 3, 05, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Interested in Your Thoughts & Support...

Hi Everyone,
As you may know, about 400 victims from the New Orleans area are headed to Washington DC. The city intends to house these people in the armory which lacks sufficient resources necessary to be considered "appropriate." Last evening I became concerned and have created a plan of action. I have already had members of my project team obtain approval for us to greet the victims upon their arrival and we will have flyers concerning "Project Next Steps." Our intent is to reunite them with their families or next of kin by providing airline tickets, ground transportation, hot meals, and change of clothing. I'm almost positive that many of those affected will find the support that they need to rebuild their lives if they can connect with other members of their family. I fail to understand how busing them to a foreign city with an exorbitant cost of living can be helpful when you have lost everything. Therefore, I have pledged an initial $5000 dollars as well as all 400,000 miles that I have to this effort and I am asking for your thoughts in how best to structure the program and enlist help from others. I simply want to make a tangible difference and I am not sure that contributing to a mega-fund will provide the immediate support that our fellow countrymen and women need to weather this unbelievable storm.
Old Sep 3, 05, 3:05 pm

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
I think it is a huge project to take on. But isn't that true of any worthwhile project? Many charitable organizations started the same way.
I wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately I don't have huge amounts of miles to offer. Wish I did.

Search this Thread