Coke or Pepsi which one??

Old Sep 2, 2005, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Pepsi please!

Beverage Digest 2004 Market Share Report

Note that Pepsi outsells Coke in grocery stores (where people have a choice) while Coke has more retail and vending outlets than Pepsi.
People still have a choice. Growing up I never went to Burger King because they were a Pepsi franchise--ditto Pizza Hut. Don't discount the the value of the retail sales, there's a choice there, too. Part of the sales in retail is the choice consumers make about that retailer.

And as others have noted here (including myself), when Pepsi is the choice (either on UA or at a Marriott), we Coke drinkers just bring our own.

There's always a choice.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:08 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
People still have a choice. Growing up I never went to Burger King because they were a Pepsi franchise--ditto Pizza Hut.
Burger King had Pepsi for just a number of years. I don't remember how many. I do remember when they switched from Coke to Pepsi, and back again.

Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell were owned by Pepsico (now owned by Yum! brands), that gives you an answer as to why they serve Pepsi products. They may have switched to Coke. I don't know since I don't patronize these establishments.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 7:35 pm

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
As a stand alone, I'll drink the Pepsi products. For mixed drinks, it's Coke all the way !!!
Ever try a Cuba Libre with Pepsi instead of Coke as the mixer?
Yuck !!!
Old Sep 4, 2005, 5:51 pm

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by phillygold
As a stand alone, I'll drink the Pepsi products.
I'm with you. However I do keep a bottle of Coke in the garage to clean off battery terminals with in an emergency. I also use it to scare the neighbor kids off if they are making too much noise.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Well, I just returned PBI-PHL today and in the new US Airways Magazine it lists Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, Seven-Up, and Dr. Pepper. I asked the FAs and they said they were going to cater both.....

As for Beer -- it lists Miller Genuine Draft, Budweiser and Heineken.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Finally! Dr. Pepper! Yes. Now I can die in peace.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Does anyone actually know whether the new management is keeping HP's choice of Pepsi or US' choice of Coke? Your preference over the two products is not important here, unless you guys are organizing a "Choose Coke or We Jump Ship" Campaign, which I will gladly join. lol
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:54 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
If you read up a little, it says they're catering both!

Hey, at least there's one thing they can't screw up
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
If you read up a little, it says they're catering both!

Hey, at least there's one thing they can't screw up

So? This isn't exactly good news. Look at AA, it caters both Coke and Pepsi, but now all flights get 1 can of Coke for every 4 cans of Pepsi. Trust me, I asked several AA cabin crews.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 4P, AA Tin, CO Tin, AGR Select Plus
Originally Posted by SpaceBass
I was thinking this was a joke thread at first then found myself thinking "I actually DO care"... I don't drink many cokes (sorry, soda or pop for some of you) but when I do a coke is a coke... maybe its a southern thing...
Growing up anything carbonated was a coke (this includes sprite, that orange stuff, etc), its that ingrained.
Growing up in the midwest, it was 'pop' for me.
Before my senior year of high school, my mom took me on a cruise...among the other people at our table was an older couple from Maine (where I guess it's 'soda')...I mentioned 'pop', and they asked 'is that some kind of candy?'
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by chuljin
Growing up in the midwest, it was 'pop' for me.
Before my senior year of high school, my mom took me on a cruise...among the other people at our table was an older couple from Maine (where I guess it's 'soda')...I mentioned 'pop', and they asked 'is that some kind of candy?'
LOL, I grew up in Michigan and it was POP for me too. Now in AZ, so call it soda. Here's a website dedicated to what Americans call the "fizzy drink"

BTW, Beverage Digest reports sales of these drinks. Last time I looked, Pepsi outsold Coke in grocery stores (where people have a choice) but Coke had higher revenues due to Pepsi losing a lot of restaurant business when they owned Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell etc. which they later spun off as Yum! Brands. Pepsi is slowly picking restaturants back up. Pepsi's market value is $6.93B to Coke's $399.65M (PBG & COKE tickers) Coke is getting slammed by the market for execution concerns.

Happy drinking!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:37 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by KevAZ
Pepsi's market value is $6.93B to Coke's $399.65M (PBG & COKE tickers) Coke is getting slammed by the market for execution concerns.

Happy drinking!
KO is the sticker symbol for Coca-Cola Co. and has a market cap of $97 billion. The one you mentinoned is a bottling company headquartered in Charlotte.
PEP is the stock symbol for Pepsico with a market value of $ 99 billion.

Pepsi vs. Coke

By the way, I love the Dew. ^

Last edited by planeluvr; Jan 4, 2006 at 10:42 am
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by planeluvr
KO is the sticker symbol for Coca-Cola Co. and has a market cap of $97 billion. The one you mentinoned is a bottling company headquartered in Charlotte.
PEP is the stock symbol for Pepsico with a market value of $ 99 billion.

Pepsi vs. Coke

By the way, I love the Dew. ^
You're absolutely right, good catch! I knew that Pepsi's market cap had passed Cokes, but couldn't believe the difference in the $ I pulled.

I agree with you, I don't drink soda (pop whatever) much, but I do love the Dew!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.