Coke or Pepsi which one??

Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:11 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
WN used to have Diet Dr. Pepper. However, they removed it to make room for more choices of bottled water. To me, water is water and I would rather have Deit Dr. Pepper. Does US or HP have Diet Dr. Pepper?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: US GP, DL GM, HH Gold, StarWood Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by JRF
WN used to have Diet Dr. Pepper. However, they removed it to make room for more choices of bottled water. To me, water is water and I would rather have Deit Dr. Pepper. Does US or HP have Diet Dr. Pepper?
I believe Dr. Pepper is actually unique and that they are owned by neither coke nor pepsi (same goes for 7-up i believe). However, they are typically bottled by the coke or pepsi bottler, depending on area. I am not sure which bottler serves USAir, but it is probably the same as whoever serves Arlington, though you think the bottler could do it cheaper at a hub. Coca Consolidated, the #2 Coke bottler in US(behind Atl Coke Enterprises?) is based in CLT, and they bottle DrP and DDrP, at least there anyway. I do not recall US ever having Dr P or D DrP though. Of course, I drink neither one.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
If they stick with Coca-Cola, can they at least offer Coca-Cola with lime? Or do I have to bring that myself? I hope they offer Dr. Pepper. I was on WN this past Sunday (PVD-PHL), and actually drank some Dr. Pepper they offered. Who knew?!?
Old Sep 1, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: NetJets Marquis, Southwest Moo, Marriott Platinum
Pepsi please!

Beverage Digest 2004 Market Share Report

Note that Pepsi outsells Coke in grocery stores (where people have a choice) while Coke has more retail and vending outlets than Pepsi.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, UA Premier 1K, AA Gold (MM)
Wink Not Born Yet???

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
From an old SNL skit with John Belushi... "Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger... Pepsi, no Coke.

It was late 70s... all you CP kiddies weren't born yet.
For shame. In fact, the day before my flight home on HP yesterday, I had a burger at the Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago which is the place the skit is based on.

So, "Chips, no fries" to you... from a whippersnapper.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by jaymay
I say Coke all the way, but I hail from the city where Coke was first bottled.

I couldn't agree more with this:

"I'll have a Coke please"
"Is Pepsi okay?"
"I'll just have water."

I actually said that about 2 days ago
Amen! Another popular one is,
goheels "I'll have sweet tea"
northern waitperson "What is that?"
goheels "Um, how about water?"

I also echo the pro-(Diet) Dr. Pepper sentiments.

Also, BRING BACK BOURBON!!!! ^ Later, Jim
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:15 pm

Programs: US dividend miles, Omni Select Guest, United Mplus
If you're a true usairways fan, you'l vote coke over pepsi no matter what. Yea im from South Carolina, and down here EVERY carbonated drink is a "coke." Besides, we all know the general flying public likes coke better. But what it really all comes down to is who offers the new US the better deal. The Emancipation of MiMi is in stores now! Yay!
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by murphy
You don't like teeth-rotting fizz, but you want even more teeth-rotting non-fizz? That stuff's not much healthier than Coke.

From http://my.webmd.com/content/article/...=related_link:
"The result: Soft drinks like Sprite, Mountain Dew, and Arizona Iced Tea were especially harmful to tooth enamel, reports von Fraunhofer. Tap water, root beer, brewed black tea, and black coffee all showed minimal enamel damage."
Diet coke!
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by KevAZ
Pepsi please!

Beverage Digest 2004 Market Share Report

Note that Pepsi outsells Coke in grocery stores (where people have a choice) while Coke has more retail and vending outlets than Pepsi.

Pepsi also outsells Coke in junior high schools.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:53 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Originally Posted by bofie
Pepsi also outsells Coke in junior high schools.
I am not so sure about that, I hear our inner city schools have plenty of coke, ice, crack, what ever you want to call it..... so sad but true
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
"Makers Mark and Coke, please"

"As long as there's Makers, ......
ummm. Wrong airline there hero.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Sep 1, 2005 at 8:19 pm
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:00 am

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
How about ginger ale? Canada Dry seems to be the standard, but no one does the diet version. .
Next time you are in Virginia try a Northern Neck Genger ale... will blow you away. They were a very small place that got bought by- guess who?- coke, but are still a local product and not seen many other places.

That being said... I miss Tab!
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:13 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by SpaceBass
Next time you are in Virginia try a Northern Neck Genger ale... will blow you away. They were a very small place that got bought by- guess who?- coke, but are still a local product and not seen many other places.

That being said... I miss Tab!
I've seen Tab here in WV. The Pepsi One/Coke Zero flavor is on the order of Tab.

Does Northern Neck make a diet?
Old Sep 2, 2005, 6:18 am

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
I've seen Tab here in WV. The Pepsi One/Coke Zero flavor is on the order of Tab.

Yeah, but does it come in a pink can?

As for Diet Northern Neck - I think they do make it.
http://www.realgingerale.com/dispatch?flash=y
Old Sep 2, 2005, 9:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat

Tab is still alive and mrginally well in Tenn. It's actually all my dad's side of the family drinks.

As for the Dr. Pepper question, I love the stuff, but if it would mean having Pepsi for everything else, then I'll keep my Coke.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.