Coke or Pepsi which one??

Old Aug 30, 2005, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Pepsi is akin to carbonated corn syrup left out in the sun.

Keep the Coke!
Keep the diet coke--and the lemons to go with it.

I already have to bring my own diet coke on UA. The funny thing is that there's always at least one or more other pax who are jealous. The "good" FAs take it from me and pour it for me in the galley.

In the UK, a Sprite/7Up-like product is called lemonade. Imagine my surprise when on a BA flight I see lemonade listed as a beverage and then ask for a lemonade and vodka. YUCK--Sprite and vodka is not good! Great chuckle with the FA.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Coke or Pepsi?

Who cares? Bring back Arizona Iced Tea
You don't like teeth-rotting fizz, but you want even more teeth-rotting non-fizz? That stuff's not much healthier than Coke.

From http://my.webmd.com/content/article/...=related_link:
"The result: Soft drinks like Sprite, Mountain Dew, and Arizona Iced Tea were especially harmful to tooth enamel, reports von Fraunhofer. Tap water, root beer, brewed black tea, and black coffee all showed minimal enamel damage."
Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
In the UK, a Sprite/7Up-like product is called lemonade. Imagine my surprise when on a BA flight I see lemonade listed as a beverage and then ask for a lemonade and vodka. YUCK--Sprite and vodka is not good! Great chuckle with the FA.
Shandys are good though.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Showing yet again that there is a web site for just about everything - it is mostly a southern thing...

http://www.popvssoda.com/
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:49 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Why can't they have sweetened icea tea? Lipton or Nestea. I like non-carbonated sweet drinks.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 5:31 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by photog72
Why can't they have sweetened icea tea? Lipton or Nestea. I like non-carbonated sweet drinks.
Yuck!! Definitely not the best thing the south has given our culture.

Unsweet tea with some lemon, please. Must be the yankee in me... I really hate having to specify UNSWEET tea when eating out here below the Mason-Dixon Line.

And if the choice is Lipton vs Nestea... definitely Lipton!!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

coke man here.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 5:53 am

I hope that they go with Pepsi. I tolerate Coke.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 6:23 am

Programs: US SP
I must be one of the only people who is completely psyched about this. Not because I like Pepsi all that much.... but because half of the liquid that I consume on a daily basis is Mountain Dew!!!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 6:27 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Lets not forget the politics of Pepsi & Coke, and how one company would rather fund terrorist countries and the other company would rather stand up for democracy....

"Coca-Cola was temporarily expelled from the Arab world because of its ties with Israel..." article with quote

Pepsi decided not to sell in Israel so it could sell to countries that help the 9/11 hijackers. You decide what you want to drink, and that belch may just come back to haunt you!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 6:50 am

Programs: US-SP,Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by safetymom
I hope that they go with Pepsi. I tolerate Coke.
Just the opposite. I can tolerate Pepsi, Coke is the way to go.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by JRF
Lets not forget the politics of Pepsi & Coke, and how one company would rather fund terrorist countries and the other company would rather stand up for democracy....
Huh... Keep it in OMNI, please.

I split the difference - Coke and Diet Pepsi (althogh the various Vanilla/Cherry/etc. Diet Cokes are pulling me in).

Last edited by CPRich; Aug 31, 2005 at 7:22 am
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:23 am

Programs: US CP
I'm with Spacebass - found myself surprised that I care about this. COKE COKE COKE! OK, Sprite really.......
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:33 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Originally Posted by CPRich
Huh... Keep it in OMNI, please.

I split the difference - Coke and Diet Pepsi (althogh the various Vanilla/Cherry/etc. Diet Cokes are pulling me in).
My comments do not belong in Omni... I was just pointing out there is more to picking Coke or Pepsi then meets the toungue.... I can see if you want to discuss the politics of it, it goes in Omni, but there is more to the picture and that needs to be noted.

If the moderator wants to move it to Omni that is fine, or perhaps you are the moderator?
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:37 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
How about ginger ale? Canada Dry seems to be the standard, but no one does the diet version. When I was able to do Jack and Ginger (before being diagnosed with my corn intolerance), I would sometimes bring my own diet ginger, a la EnvoyBoy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.