FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   Lounge Access Q's (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/467680-lounge-access-qs.html)

Robertsonland Aug 30, 2005 3:58 am

Lounge Access Q's

Ok, I've search and found some older information on some of this and no information on some of it so I'm just going to ask so it's all in one place should someone else want to know the same thing.

First off I'm new to this whole International Travel stuff and I hope I'm done with it for work anyway after this return home trip.

Ok, my questions...

I'm departing VCE on US Airways on Sept 2. I've found some reference to a *G lounge at VCE. Does anyone know if it's still there and available as a departure lounge?

Second question. I'm flying in through PHL with an approximate 3 hour layover before my flight to PHX. I am in coach and I'm Gold Preferred/*G. Do I have any access to any lounges in PHL since I've completed the International portion of my flight? I couldn't find the rules on this. Departures I know I have access but wasn't sure about arrivals. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I just have to say my trip out PHX-PHL-FRA-VCE and my bag not only made it through all areas but was like 4th onto the carousel in VCE. I had actually brought a pilot case with 2 changes of clothes dreading having my bag lost through PHL and it not only made it safe and sound but came off quickly with the * Priority tag. Kudos....

Thanks for entertaining my Q's...but this overseas stuff is new for me and I'm not well versed in it.

Lance

SPN Lifer Aug 30, 2005 5:07 am

See Star Gold lounge at VCE? (Thread started 21 July 2005)
http://64.78.185.85/forum/showthread.php?t=454560

The second question is covered numerous times, but essentially, Star Golds get lounge access on the same day of their international flights, although SQ and one other carrier interpret this as only departing flights. For more discussion, please post to a relevant thread.

Moderator, kindly lock this duplicate thread.

Robertsonland Aug 30, 2005 5:29 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
See Star Gold lounge at VCE? (Thread started 21 July 2005)
http://64.78.185.85/forum/showthread.php?t=454560

The second question is covered numerous times, but essentially, Star Golds get lounge access on the same day of their international flights, although SQ and one other carrier interpret this as only departing flights. For more discussion, please post to a relevant thread.

Moderator, kindly lock this duplicate thread.

My apologies. I found the VCE thread in the * Alliance forum but not in this forum.

I never could find the definitive answer on the arrivals but only for departures on international flights...It seemed those asking the questions were leaving for an international destination not arriving from one, but I'll just try it and see how it goes. Thanks for the link to the VCE thread.

Lance

EnvoyBoy Aug 30, 2005 6:18 am

You absolutely have both Envoy Lounge and Club access during your three hours in PHL. Although the Envoy Lounge is the nicest, it's highly unlikely that your PHX-bound flight will depart from the A-concourse. More often than not, I believe it departs from B. I'd suggest you go find the Club closest to your departure gate.

Robertsonland Aug 30, 2005 7:15 am

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
You absolutely have both Envoy Lounge and Club access during your three hours in PHL. Although the Envoy Lounge is the nicest, it's highly unlikely that your PHX-bound flight will depart from the A-concourse. More often than not, I believe it departs from B. I'd suggest you go find the Club closest to your departure gate.

Yes thank you. I figured I'll come into A then go sit in the club for a while waiting for the next flight. Thanks for the clarification on arrival vs departure access.

Lance

Robertsonland Sep 3, 2005 5:35 am

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy

I was denied access to the Envoy lounge as it's a departure only lounge but was granted access to the regular lounge. I found the regulare lounge really lacking however. It was 3:00 - 5:00 while I was there and the onlything to eat was snack pretzels and this dried fruit mix which tasted pretty bad and red apples. For the money I would pay for lounge access I would expect a tad more to eat like HP's clubs with some cookies and hot dough pretzels, chips, etc...I was suprised to see very little food to munch on. I really was hoping to get into the Envoy lounge as the food there was pretty nice. Oh well...it was nice to top off my 9.5 hours from VCE and my 4.5 hours to PHX that they lost my luggage in PHL with a 3 hour layover though :) Hopefully it will arrive today....

Lance