Wiki Posts
Search

Aroma therapy on flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2005, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
Angry Aroma therapy on flights

Last Friday I was flying in steerage on a night flight. The young girl seated next to me was on her way back to PHL from some type of Taoism/Budism/Maoism spiritual healing/sex therapy "conference". Well, I am not into this new age stuff so despite her best efforts to engage in converting me I told her I had a long drive home and wanted to catch some sleep. I dozed for awhile and awoke to a really pungent smell of pine. I thought someone has spilled a can of Lysol! When I asked her if she too could smell it, she said it was her aroma therapy oils and that she needed to center herself. She then asked if I wanted to try some. Between gasps for breath, I told her that bourbon centers me just fine thank you. I cannot understand how someone could be so inconsiderate, I'm sure those people seated around us had to smell it too. What ever happened to manners?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 5:38 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
I thought aroma therapy on a flight was just someone illegally smoking pot in the lavatory.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 6:58 pm

Programs: US 3
Very annoying. One time, a passenger kept spraying perfume, causing the lady ahead of me and myself to have allergic reactions for the rest of the flight. Did I mention that she did this at the beginning of a PHL-LAX leg...grrr
Old Aug 28, 2005, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Deleted.

Last edited by MJonTravel; Aug 28, 2005 at 7:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.