Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where have you gone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Janeway,

How long after completing your qualifying flight did you get your CP confirmation? Did you also get your transAtlantic UP certs?

We'll hit the qualifying mark in mid-October. We've got a flight to LGW booked in Dec and it would be nice to be able to use one of the UG certs if they arrive in time.

Barry
Old Aug 30, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
Stayin' with US

Undoubtedly, lots of folks have had to make decisions about who to fly with and some US folks have migrated elsewhere. But I haven't noticed a decrease in postings in this forum. Nor have I have noticed a decrease in flight capacity on the routes that we normally fly.

Living in the PHL market, US continues to meet our travel needs and expectations. I actually look forward to the HP acquisition. On the other hand, the current cost of oil has to worry anyone, regardless of with whom they fly. There's tough times ahead for all of the airlines.

What kind of a hybrid discounter/full service/trans-Atlantic/Hawaii carrier might the new US become? Only time will tell. But it's an exciting prospect at the moment.

We're sticking with US and wishing them the best of luck. I don't want to think of the PHL meltdown that a failure of US would create for us if we had to scramble for new alternatives as other carriers pick through the pieces.

Barry
Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:17 pm

Programs: Starfleet Captains Club
Originally Posted by jerseyfinn
Janeway,

How long after completing your qualifying flight did you get your CP confirmation? Did you also get your transAtlantic UP certs?

We'll hit the qualifying mark in mid-October. We've got a flight to LGW booked in Dec and it would be nice to be able to use one of the UG certs if they arrive in time.

Barry
Hi Barry,

It took a week or so longer after my qualifying flights to get CP than for most people, because I had to call about getting credit for some flights that hadn't been credited to my account. I'm not sure of the exact number of days, but at least a week or so after CP status was granted I received the UG certs with the card.

I hope US makes it too. I like them much better than DL.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Thanks to those who replied and managed to stay on topic.....

While I haven't made a final decision, in my heart of heart I know. I booked a trip to DFW in which US was less money than the other choices and I booked away from US. Not a good sign.....

If they want me back, some one some where is going to have to make an effort or I'm afraid a long and rocky relationship has finally come to an end. However in my case I've made CCY mad enough that I don't expect any phone calls.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Still undecided. US gains one point by re-opening the LAX club. UA gains one point by consistently having cheaper fares than US, and by flying to more places I'm going than US does. Hopefully that will change with the "new US."
Old Sep 3, 2005, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Ive switched, or rather shifted to UA, AA, Amtrak and not flying as much (heresy I know). I am at Silver on US an will end up there at years end. I have been a CP since the year they instituted the Silver/Gold designations. I was whatever Gold was called before that. I may not have any other US flights. Like you I was debating what to do. When the CP fasttrack promo came out, I wasnt targetted but tried to register. I had a few segments coming up that would be on US and if I had been able to register I would have done the remainder to requalify.

Bottom line is they wouldnt let me register. I actually felt relieved. I tried to give up on US last year but the double miles promo lured me in. The promos are like crack, and them refusing to let me register was a blessing in disguise.

I will probably hit Select Plus on Amtrak. Im at 87,000 miles on UA this year. Im only at about 12K on AA but I have at least one transcon, a handful of mid con/short hops, a London trip, a trip to MNL and a RTW in business planned for the remainder fo the year so 1K an Plat are pretty much in the bag. There is even a remote possibility of 1K and Exec Plat but I had a family illness that took lots of time on short hops and will likely prevent the Exec Plat this year.

Like you, I cant see flying US if Im not a CP so I suspect I will credit all my miles on them, if there are any, to UA. Next years goal is probably going to be 1K and Exec Plat although we will see how all the carriers are doing. Ive about shaken my jones for flying US.

Last edited by GadgetFreak; Sep 3, 2005 at 8:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.