Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best route for Space Avail. TA upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2005, 3:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Best route for Space Avail. TA upgrades?

Heading to Europe on a Friday night in October....can connect to my final (EDI) through MAN, LGW or FRA. What is the best chance of a upgrade on the transatlantic segement for that day using a space available cert?

1.) CLT-FRA?
2.) PHL-FRA?
3.) CLT-LGW?
4.) PHL-LGW?
5.) PHL-MAN?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 5:18 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by sts603
Heading to Europe on a Friday night in October....can connect to my final (EDI) through MAN, LGW or FRA. What is the best chance of a upgrade on the transatlantic segement for that day using a space available cert?

1.) CLT-FRA?
2.) PHL-FRA?
3.) CLT-LGW?
4.) PHL-LGW?
5.) PHL-MAN?
I am not oo familiar with the various routings. But as a general rule: Look for the Airbus operated routes instead of the 767, since there are simply more seats.

Cheers
TheAirman
Old Aug 28, 2005, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by sts603

1.) CLT-FRA?
2.) PHL-FRA?
3.) CLT-LGW?
4.) PHL-LGW?
5.) PHL-MAN?

If you have specific dates in mind call and ask. The agents are usually quite willing to help. That said, I've always found the LGW flights to have the most "R" availability and probably offer the most connection options with the possible exception of FRA. I recently booked a flight to DUB and routed PHL-CLT-LGW-DUB in order to upgrade TA immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.