Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Div Mile has "lost" my reservation...supervisor says "idiots" are working here

Old Aug 26, 05, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful

I don't know what to do... yesterday I called US Airways to use up some orphan Dividend Miles in my husbands account. I spent more than half an hour on the phone and managed to reserve SFO-NYC Nov 21st the NCY via Philly to UVF in St. Lucia Nov 26th, returning UVF via Charlotte to SFO Dec 3rd. I was very pleased with the reservation.

When I called back today the agent couldn't find my record locator but I was sure he's be able to find our reservation when I gave him the flight times etc. That proved to be too optomistic...the entire reservation was gone...in fact I think it was probably fictive to begin with. The supervisor told me there are idiots working there and that there was really nothing he could do as there is no availability in economy on these flights. He tried to put me through to the customer service line...of course they were closed.

I called back and spoke to another supervisor who assured me he would put in a complaint and that I should call the customer service number tomorrow. The supervisors were pleasant but ineffective. They didn't seem at all surprised that I has had this problem and were certain it was agent error...how often is this happening over at US Air...no body seemed a bit surprised?

I'm Premier at United and should make Prem Exec this year..I've never had this type of problem with United or AA and I've redeemed lots of complex ff itineraries. What's up with US Air and what would you recommend? I've already wasted over an hour on this today and I'm very irritated.

Many thanks.

Search this Thread