Is USAIR totally blind to Lufthansa award availability?

Old Jan 14, 2006, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by N674UW
I had the same thing...EWR-LHR was offered to me on BA...I hung up on that agent after that episode and tried again...

N674UW
Incidents of cluelessness like this are incredible.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
...Use the All-Nippon Star Alliance award searcher for availabilty, and give those exact flights to the US agents. Works like a charm.
PHLbuddy, can you share a URL? I could not find such a thing on ANA's website. TIA!
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExtonUS
Anyone have a recent experience booking on Lufthansa? I am trying to get award seats to Budapest so Lufthansa would be my best bet out of PHL, but 3 tries so far and no agents can see any LH seats in coach or business for this September. Is there any fixed timeline for award seats to show up or am I stuck calling every week?
I'm also going to BUD this spring. I neer even bothered trying to get award seats, so I bought tickets (US) to LGW, where I find EasyJet also flies out of LGW to BUD. Depending on the dates you fly, it's about 45 GBP per ticket.

As an aside, I've gotten over absolutely requiring every leg on every leisure flight be free. Sometime paying a few bucks for one or more legs can wind up in getting space on the big legs.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 7:00 pm

I had the same thing...EWR-LHR was offered to me on BA...I hung up on that agent after that episode and tried again...

N674UW
Speaking as a US res agent in Europe it is wholly depressing to hear that our colleagues across the pond (for that read Central America, since US Res was outsourced) do not even know which airlines are in the Star Alliance.. We work hard to provide a reliable service which pax are generally delighted with, but it is sometimes undermined by under-trained agents at Res in the States, which I understand is now based in a Central American call centre in order to cut costs...
Old Jan 16, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US ex-CP, NW silver, Marriott plat, SPG gold, Hertz 5*
Yes, I have also been looking into paying for the connection or taking a train once in Europe, but I am hesitant with the transfers on different PNRs, extremely limited baggage allowance on LCCs in Europe and the assorted hassle. May end up doing a train from Vienna though if nothing else comes up.

Originally Posted by BigLar
I'm also going to BUD this spring. I neer even bothered trying to get award seats, so I bought tickets (US) to LGW, where I find EasyJet also flies out of LGW to BUD. Depending on the dates you fly, it's about 45 GBP per ticket.

As an aside, I've gotten over absolutely requiring every leg on every leisure flight be free. Sometime paying a few bucks for one or more legs can wind up in getting space on the big legs.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 3:35 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite

N674UW
They could be using the HP search engine for an award on BA?
Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Last year I got an envoy award ticket (80K miles type ) to FRA on US metal and connecting flight to PRG on LH in busniess class (I don't believe LH has first class on IntraEuropr flights). The hard part for me was getting the TA flight on US. Once that was found, there was no problem getting the connecting flight on LH.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:02 am

Location: Somewhere west of the Atlantic Ocean and east of the Pacific Ocean...
Programs: Elite of none; flyer of many
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
They could be using the HP search engine for an award on BA?
After he offered me the flight, he then announced that it would cost $815 or something like that for the flight...obviously not an award ticket (I dont think taxes to Europe are that bad yet!), but an actual paid ticket...

N674UW
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1k Marriott Titanium
Bump for a URL, please

Originally Posted by lt1GM
PHLbuddy, can you share a URL? I could not find such a thing on ANA's website. TIA!
Anyone know of such a thing as the star alliance search engine?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 8:22 am

Sorry guys, just re-read the thread. Here you are:
https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/p_per/sky_...SearchLogin.do
Note you will need to Join ANA's program and get an online ID/password. then happy searching
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1k Marriott Titanium
Thank you !

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Sorry guys, just re-read the thread. Here you are:
https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/p_per/sky_...SearchLogin.do
Note you will need to Join ANA's program and get an online ID/password. then happy searching

Thanks BOS Buddy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.