Divorce and FF Miles....

Old Aug 11, 05, 2:01 pm
PHL
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Divorce and FF Miles....

Not particulary relevant to US specifically, but not relevant to any one specific forum so I figured I'd post it where I visit the most.

After seeing "Wedding Crashers", I thought the early scene of the couple going through a divorce settlement was interesting where FF miles were among the assets being bartered for (never said how many). I also recall reading not so long ago that FF accounts are, in fact, used in many divorce cases as an asset. I wonder what the non-FF spouse's lawyer tries to value them at, vs. what they are typically worth (I figure $100 = 10,000 points, in general).

I should add the P.S. that I am not, myself, in the middle of any divorce proceedings, either....
Old Aug 11, 05, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by PHL
Not particulary relevant to US specifically, but not relevant to any one specific forum so I figured I'd post it where I visit the most.

After seeing "Wedding Crashers", I thought the early scene of the couple going through a divorce settlement was interesting where FF miles were among the assets being bartered for (never said how many). I also recall reading not so long ago that FF accounts are, in fact, used in many divorce cases as an asset. I wonder what the non-FF spouse's lawyer tries to value them at, vs. what they are typically worth (I figure $100 = 10,000 points, in general).

I should add the P.S. that I am not, myself, in the middle of any divorce proceedings, either....
I just saw "Wedding Crashers" yesterday, and spent a great deal of the movie pondering this very question. My friends thought I was insane.
Old Aug 11, 05, 3:52 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
2 cents per mile.
Old Aug 11, 05, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K NW Silver Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well done

Originally Posted by TPA us ff
2 cents per mile.
Spoken with confidence, that goes a long way.

Sounds like they've been there....
Old Aug 13, 05, 12:12 am

Let's make it easy,

Each party gets half!
Old Aug 13, 05, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
See Handing Miles in a divorce?
Old Aug 13, 05, 3:56 pm

Programs: Southwest
divorce

If my wife and I got divorced we would be fighting over the miles also. It would go like this, "you take them, no, you take them, no you take them...." We have over 100,000 miles between us and don't know what to do with them.
Old Aug 15, 05, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by PSU2
If my wife and I got divorced we would be fighting over the miles also. It would go like this, "you take them, no, you take them, no you take them...." We have over 100,000 miles between us and don't know what to do with them.
Putting them to good use may help you not to get divorced.
Old Aug 15, 05, 10:27 am

What's so complicated? Do married couples share an account? I thought you are required to have your own personal account.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: