rollover miles for 2006?

Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by gardener
Actually in the past you start on Jan 1 with zero tier miles and segments, but then on a pre-announced date, maybe Feb 15, or Mar 15, the rollover tier miles are magically added to your balance.
You are correct. I chose to explain it that way for simplicity. Some things are confusing enough. And I too would like to know about rollover and Club membership as I am currently at 130K.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by dukeman
You are correct. I chose to explain it that way for simplicity. Some things are confusing enough. And I too would like to know about rollover and Club membership as I am currently at 130K.
Me, too! I need to book three Afare transcons for this coming fall. With current promo of double status miles for F fares, that would be another 30K. However, with no rollover, I'm tempted to book them on another airline and work on status there. I'm still 100% loyal to the old US but I'm rather anxious about whether I'm going to like the new US and want to hedge my bets. Only a FT member could be this stressed/anxioius over an airline buyout!
Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Rollover for CP from a challenge?

Tangentially related, but how would rollover work for someone who made CP based on a challenge? Would it still only rollover preferred miles over 100k, or would it rollover preferred miles after making CP?

I only ask because an unexpected trip now has me very, very close to the verge of those 18 segments for CP by the end of October. ^
Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jaymay
Tangentially related, but how would rollover work for someone who made CP based on a challenge? Would it still only rollover preferred miles over 100k, or would it rollover preferred miles after making CP?
The same as it works for everyone else--status miles over 100K and segments over 100 wil roll to the next year.

And Gardener is right--they post sometime close the end of the DM year, which is Feb 28/29th. And they just show up with no notice--you have to watch for them. Although someone here always posts when they show so the rest of us can go check our acccounts.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Me, too! I need to book three Afare transcons for this coming fall. With current promo of double status miles for F fares, that would be another 30K. However, with no rollover, I'm tempted to book them on another airline and work on status there. I'm still 100% loyal to the old US but I'm rather anxious about whether I'm going to like the new US and want to hedge my bets. Only a FT member could be this stressed/anxioius over an airline buyout!

Ofcourse, you could still fly US and get 300% credit on LH, use UA codeshare, etc.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I was going to jump to AA now that I haave my US1 staatus for next yeaar, but i just caan't staand the thought of flying them. I haate them. How is NW? With the possibility of a strike, not sure if that is the best way to go either. Will NW or DL or AA match US1 status up to 2nd tier and then give a challenge for their highest tier?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by USLurker
I was going to jump to AA now that I haave my US1 staatus for next yeaar, but i just caan't staand the thought of flying them. I haate them. How is NW? With the possibility of a strike, not sure if that is the best way to go either. Will NW or DL or AA match US1 status up to 2nd tier and then give a challenge for their highest tier?
Does US Airways do the status match up to US2 with a challenge to US1? I've asked for a challenge (I'll be flying a little over 25K in the next month and a half with US Airways but they say there are no challenges up to US1. They did comp me to US2 but wouldn't mind getting a challenge up to US1.

Lance
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:59 pm

Programs: CO Infinite Plat, UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, US(ex-CP), VX, DL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
Don't we usually hear something about rollover / carryover by Oct 1st?
Old Oct 1, 2005, 2:47 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I am feeling that rollover is going to go away this time. From all the DM benefit rollbacks, it appears that the new management can't spell elite retention. At least in the old US with all its flaws we got benes with the exception of the BBB hiccup.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:47 am

No rollover=enhancing my status on AA ASAP
Old Oct 3, 2005, 9:32 am

Rollover is the least they could do...right?

The way I fly, I am (unfortunately) often stuck on RJ's (esp. on US), so my CP upgrade benefit is marginally appreciated. Most often (~60% of the time) I am choosing between DL & US--I can either get the 100% miles bonus with US, or try and maintain my lowly DL3 with the full fares I am often flying on to keep some sort of upgrade hope alive when I do *have* to fly DL to some destinations. I would think it common sense for mgmt to realize that there has to be some sort of incentive to keep your top-tier customers loyal past 100K..rollover seems to be the most effective/least expensive way.

In fact, I have to buy a one-way ATL-CLT for this week and this question is again dominating my thought process, as both DL and US are in-step, $ for $, on the fare.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
At this point, I don't think they are going to offer roll-over for next. The new management has been pretty consistent. Where ever there is a difference between the two FF programs, they only choose to retain the one that offers the least to their customers.

BTW, last year, the roll-over was first confrimed in a message dated 9/19/04.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 6:22 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Rollover for 2006 is still possible. If you use the date it was confirmed from last year, US/AW was involved with consummating the merger........more important than something like rollover.

Hopefully, now that we're in the fourth quarter of the year, they'll confirm rollover for 2006. I've got 150K so far and will build status on another carrier for next year if I don't receive confirmation in the next two weeks.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
Has ANYBODY had confirmation one way or another about this issue? If it doesn't happen with the New USAirways, I'll credit miles to another FF account to build status elsewhere.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
For those who want to spread their miles around, I'd suggest UA. They have a double EQM promo through the rest of the year (costs $200). It would be easy to get 2nd tier on UA before the end of the year with them. Also, it keeps your miles within the Star Alliance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.