Search

Star Gold lounge at VCE?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:01 pm
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
Star Gold lounge at VCE?

Did a search and didn't find anything. I even posted a similar question over on the Star Alliance board, but no answers. I figure since US has seasonal non-stop service to VCE, some of you elites here must have accessed a lounge there in the last couple of months. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

LAX

PS: By the way, is there any arrival-type lounge at FCO for Star Golds? Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA
I don't know for VCE, but there is no arrival lounge for *G in FCO. However, if you fly US-Envoy, the will give you a coupon for use at the Hilton Airport that has something similar to a lounge.

Frank
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:54 pm

Programs: 1P, SPG
That's def. one thing lacking w/ US at Italy.

Lufthansa contracts w/ a Airport Lounge for *G and premium passengers.
Wish US would do that too.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:00 pm
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by life_journey
That's def. one thing lacking w/ US at Italy.

Lufthansa contracts w/ a Airport Lounge for *G and premium passengers.
Wish US would do that too.
Is that only for Star Golds traveling on LH or any Star Golds traveling on Star flights?

LAX
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:11 pm

Programs: 1P, SPG
When I've flown to FCO (which is many, many, times) I've only been on US or LH Metal so I wouldn't know about other Star flights. I'm not even sure what other SA planes fly there.

I've seen TG - that's about it - but no idea about what they offer.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
The usually trusty Lufthansa lounge list says VCE doesn't have a Star Gold lounge. It appears that they do contract with the "Marco Polo Club" for their own First and Senator pax, but it specifically says no to *G. Oh well.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:00 pm

Programs: US CP, UA 1K, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Cashed in some miles last year when things were looking pretty bleak and took my wife and sons to Italy this past Feb/Mar CLT-MUN-FCO on LH and return VCE-FRA-CLT on LH/US. LH's sleeper seats on the A340 recline to 180 degrees although with a noticeable tilt - a good thing there are the footrests at the bottom. They are better than the standard US Envoy seat but not as nice as the row 1 Envoy seats that are truly flat (usually reserved for US1's). A very enjoyable trip even after arrival in Venice (via rail) with 6" of snow on the ground. When we make the trip again across the pond, I'll go with US (assuming I can reserve row 1). Also found that the IFE system on US was better in terms of offering more options.

VCE appears to be a relatively new facility. IIRC, Altialia has its own lounge and there is another lounge that we were able to access without any difficulty, though on the VCE-FRA leg we were on LH. A very nice selection for breakfast, two complimentary terminals to access e-mail, and very pleasant "club ladies." Enjoy.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K; US 50K
Vce

If I remember correctly, I think US has contracted with some lounge (the name escapes me) for their Envoy customers. But I don't think that helps with Gold on *A.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
There is a resurgence of interest in this topic.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 1:36 am
TP

Programs: US PP;CO Plat
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
There is a resurgence of interest in this topic.
I am in VCE right now. I was denied entry as an arriving envoy customer connecting to a non * flight.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
All that I saw in VCE was the Alitalia Lounge upstairs. I could not locate anything else (granted I only had about 45 minutres before the flight boarded). But I saw no signs, etc. indicating *A.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:12 pm

Just got back from VCE, flying LH C. No lounge access for us (asked at ticket counter). This is a really new and nice airport, so not unpleasant to wait 1 hr for flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.