Confusion about Envoy Louge access by Star Gold

Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:01 am
LAX
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond
Confusion about Envoy Lounge access by Star Gold

Did a search and read through a good number of posts. From what I have read, Envoy Lounge is *not* officially a Star Gold lounge. However, many people have reported success in accessing the lounge as Star Gold even when flying in Y. Can someone with more recent experience comment on whether they have been successful and/or denied in accessing the Envoy Lounge (in PHL) when flying in Y? Thanks in advance.

LAX

PS: In the event that I am not able to access the Envoy Lounge, how's the Club?

Last edited by LAX; Jul 13, 2005 at 10:17 am
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:30 am

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
I flew US #12 to MAD on 29Jun. Booked in Y and waiting for an upgrade to clear (which did at the gate). Had no problems getting in to the Envoy club. In fact, I thought I could only access the Club, but the attendant actually pointed me to the Envoy lounge side after confirming my destination.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:35 am

Programs: LH FTL, AmEx PC
Post Here you go ...

Hello Arrazz,

they changed the "rules" at the beginning a couple of times ... but in the last few months ... they handle it like this:

Domestic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2
have access to the US Airways Club

Transatlantic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2
have access to the Envoy Lounge

regardless the class they'll fly ... The Envoy Lounge in Philadelphia is now a *A Gold Lounge ... so you shouldn't have problem to access the Lounge ...

ENJOY!

cu
Goki
Old Jul 13, 2005, 1:31 pm

Programs: 1P, SPG
The Envoy Lounge (International) is awesome.
Food and bar selection is self-serve.

I take dinner there and skip the meal on the plane (when I'm in Y) which is the majority of the time
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:46 pm

Access on all domestic flights for US1 & US2?

Originally Posted by littlegoki
Hello Arrazz,

they changed the "rules" at the beginning a couple of times ... but in the last few months ... they handle it like this:

Domestic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2

Transatlantic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2

regardless the class they'll fly ... The Envoy Lounge in Philadelphia is now a *A Gold Lounge ... so you shouldn't have problem to access the Lounge ...

ENJOY!

cu
Goki

I think I must missed something recently. Does this refer to the domestic leg of an international flight or is it all domestic flights? Why would any US1 or US2 purchase a US Airways Club membership if they have access under this rule?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA

Domestic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2
US 1 and US 2 don't have access to any club when flying domestic, they could not also have changed that rule...
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:04 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Arrzee
I flew US #12 to MAD on 29Jun. Booked in Y and waiting for an upgrade to clear (which did at the gate).
How to Trans-A upgrades work? Are they included in US2 or US1 levels? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never flown Trans-A with US before.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum

Domestic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2
This is only for Star Gold members from outside the U.S.

U.S.-based Star Gold members (i.e., US & UA) do not get lounge access on domestic flights.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:17 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Only US1s (Chairman's Preferred) get Transatlantic Upgrades as a membership benefit. Everyone else can use miles to upgrade.

To clarify the access for domestic flights. US and UA *Gold members cannot access either the RCC or the US Club on domestic flights. They can if flying an international itinerary. * Gold members from other airlines in the alliance should be able to access the RCC and US Club on any flight (unless their carrier has different rules).

From US' website:
When traveling internationally on US Airways or any other Star Alliance member airline, present your same-day international ticket and your Chairman's Preferred (or Gold Preferred) card to access 575 worldwide Star Alliance Gold lounges, including the US Airways Club. (Excludes access when traveling solely within North America and to or from the Caribbean.)
And from the Star Alliance website:
We regret that, due to space restrictions, Star Alliance Gold members may not access the Senator Lounges in Stuttgart and Paris (CDG) or the Scandinavian Lounge in Bangkok. In Paris (CDG) Star Alliance Gold members may use the LH Frequent Traveller lounge facilities.

In Singapore we offer access to the Singapore Airlines Premium Lounge instead of the Silver Kris Lounge (Raffles Class) and in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro only the VARIG Business Class Lounges give access, as the VARIG First Class Lounges have space limitations.

Customers under 18 years of age can only use the bmi business lounges instead of the bmi diamond club lounges.

United Airlines' Premier Executive and Premier Executive 1K customers and US Airways' Chairman Preferred and Gold Preferred customers have access to U.S. domestic United Red Carpet Club and US Airways Club locations only when they present a ticket or boarding pass for a same-day international flight.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:59 am

Location: The First State, USA - Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Gold - FWIW
Originally Posted by UABigBird
How to Trans-A upgrades work? Are they included in US2 or US1 levels? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never flown Trans-A with US before.
US1s get a TA upgrade certificate for him/herself and a companion. Once used, or if not at US1, you can redeem miles for an upgrade award. In my case (US2 here), I was on a B fare which required 10k miles each way for an upgrade. The miles are redeemed when you request the award and you're placed on a waitlist (or cleared when redeemed if inventory is available). On my outbound flight, the upgrade cleared at the gate; the return cleared a few days before my flight.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:40 am
LAX
Original Poster

Hello Arrazz,

Domestic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2

Transatlantic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2

ENJOY!

cu
Goki
Is this published anywhere?? I will be flying on US across the pond in 2 weeks and would like to hang out in the Envoy Lounge prior to my flight. I can't find any published info that lists Envoy Lounge as a Star Gold lounge. I would like to have something in hand just in case I am denied access. Thanks in advance.

LAX
Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
It's definitely a *G lounge.

Lufthansa normally has a searchable list of the lounges up, but it seems to be down for web site upgrades at the moment. Any *G lounge should have a gold-colored Star Alliance logo indicating it as such out front of the entrance.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:33 am
LAX
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phlwookie
It's definitely a *G lounge.

Lufthansa normally has a searchable list of the lounges up, but it seems to be down for web site upgrades at the moment. Any *G lounge should have a gold-colored Star Alliance logo indicating it as such out front of the entrance.
Thanks, phlwookie. I will check out LH's website and see if I can find something to print out to bring with me. I am looking forward to checking out the Envoy Lounge.

LAX
Old Sep 28, 2005, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Good news, it seems to be back up today:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...nodeid=1380191

Just choose "Star Gold card" and the cities you're interested in. It confirms the PHL Envoy lounge as a Star Gold lounge.

I always carry my US Gold card with me for confirmation especially when traveling on other Star carriers, but the boarding pass is usually enough as it should have your status on it.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:34 pm

Programs: Ex-US GP
Access to Envoy Lounge

Hello Arrazz,

Transatlantic flights:
- *A Gold
- US 1 and US 2

ENJOY!

cu
Goki
Dear Friends,
Just checking if this info is still current (there seems to be alot of confusion on this particular thread, as Goki describes the US Club here in Philly accessable to * Gold, US 1 and US2 pax, which I understand is not the case)

While confirming my flight today (leaving tommorrow), I was advised that I wouldn't be able to access the Envoy Lounge as I was booked in Y.
hmmmm......
that would mean.....
NO BUBBLY!!!!
Say it isn't so.
Kendall

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.