Confusion about Envoy Louge access by Star Gold

Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kendall
Dear Friends,
Just checking if this info is still current (there seems to be alot of confusion on this particular thread, as Goki describes the US Club here in Philly accessable to * Gold, US 1 and US2 pax, which I understand is not the case)

While confirming my flight today (leaving tommorrow), I was advised that I wouldn't be able to access the Envoy Lounge as I was booked in Y.
hmmmm......
that would mean.....
NO BUBBLY!!!!
Say it isn't so.
Kendall
OK, if you're on a *transatlantic* flight as a GP or CP (and therefore, *G), you WILL have access to the Envoy lounge - class of service does not matter.

Goki is absolutely right.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 1:54 pm

Programs: Ex-US GP
Hallelujah!!!!!!
Any body join me tommorrow for cocktail?
Kendall
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; US 50K
I'm still confused. My understanding is that to access a *A lounge you need to have a same-day international ticket. Especially in Europe, this is an easy criteria to meet.

Two questions:

>> Do you need to be flying that airline for access? For example, to access the LH senator's lounge, don't you need to be flying LH? For example, if I'm in MUC where there is no US lounge and I'm flying US, can I access the LH lounge even though I don't have a LH ticket? What if you int'l ticket is not on *A, can you still access the lounge?

>> If you have to be flying on the lounge owner's airline, how do code shares work? For example, can I access the LH lounge if I'm *A on US, flying on a US codeshare (my ticket says USxxxx), but operated by LH?

Hmmmmm.....
Old Dec 13, 2005, 2:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by DC-USCP-UAPE
I'm still confused. My understanding is that to access a *A lounge you need to have a same-day international ticket. Especially in Europe, this is an easy criteria to meet.

Two questions:

>> Do you need to be flying that airline for access? For example, to access the LH senator's lounge, don't you need to be flying LH? For example, if I'm in MUC where there is no US lounge and I'm flying US, can I access the LH lounge even though I don't have a LH ticket? What if you int'l ticket is not on *A, can you still access the lounge?

>> If you have to be flying on the lounge owner's airline, how do code shares work? For example, can I access the LH lounge if I'm *A on US, flying on a US codeshare (my ticket says USxxxx), but operated by LH?

Hmmmmm.....
You can access any *A Gold lounge as long as you are *A Gold, and on a same day *A international ticket. So, in MUC, even if you're flying US, you can go to the LH lounge as long as you're *A Gold.

EXCEPTION: In the US, US Airways *A Gold members (GP and CP) CANNOT access the US Airways club unless you are flying OUTSIDE North America. That means you cannot to go a club on your way to CUN, YYZ, MEX etc.

You can, however, enter an AC or UA (or other * carrier) club as a US *A Gold even if you're flying US as long as you're leaving the country on a Star Alliance flight even if you're staying within N. America. So, while sitting in an airport as a US CP about to fly US in Y to the Carribean, you can't go to the the US Airways Club, but you can go to a United RCC.

Last edited by Jumpgate; Dec 13, 2005 at 2:41 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.