Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wallet returned

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Wallet returned

My wife's wallet fell out of her purse on a US Air flight into CLT. We missed it minutes after deplaning and contacted US Air's service desk. they said plane had been cleaned and no wallet found. it had under $20 and no credit cards, but pictures, etc.

When we got home 5 days later we had a message from US Air that it had the wallet. Our thanks to all the honest people who helped it wing its way home.

BTW, when returned it had $16 still in it.

Recovering the wallet was a pleasent surprise. We wondered whether this type of honesty was common or unusual in travel.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:11 pm

Programs: US1
Glad you got it back! There are great people at U for sure. ^
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: USAirways, United, Delta, American, NW
I had a similar experience where US found and held a case full of CD's for me in Denver. The CDs had software and a hard drive backup so I was overwhelmingly thankful for their sharp efforts to make me happy.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
The key to having your wallet returned was where it was lost - CLT - . Had it been in most other cities, - your $16 and pix would have been gone forever. (Please don't respond by telling me there are honest people everywhere - till you live here you wouldn't understand)
Old Jul 10, 2005, 7:29 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
The key to having your wallet returned was where it was lost - CLT - . Had it been in most other cities, - your $16 and pix would have been gone forever. (Please don't respond by telling me there are honest people everywhere - till you live here you wouldn't understand)
I agree. There are definitely certain parts of the country that seem to have more honest individuals than not.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 8:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by MCI777
I agree. There are definitely certain parts of the country that seem to have more honest individuals than not.
Interestingly, in my experience and those of my friends,
NYC rates very high in the "more honest individuals"
department.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: USAirways, United, Delta, American, NW
Originally Posted by MCI777

True story. I went to Salt Lake City to see the Olympics. Upon our arrival in town, we parked downtown on the main street and went to walk around. I had thrown some things in the trunk and we left. Apparently the trunk did not catch and soon after we left it popped open (FYI - Ford Tarus). For a solild FOUR HOURS our trunk was open on a street in Salt Lake City during the Olympics exposing to plain view on top of our luggage our LAPTOP.

Nobody touched it. It forever influenced my opinion of Salt Lake City and the sort of folks that attend Olympic games.

We got there in the days when you could book on American with US miles.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 6:56 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I left my travel wallet on a plane after getting off at PHL. Travel wallet had all of my preferred cards, etc, along with my checkbook. Usually I don't travel with the checkbook, but for some reason, I had it with me that week. Called the next day and they had my wallet, but no checks. I picked up the wallet a couple of days later when I was back at PHL. I was a little nervous about the checkbook, but about a week later, I received it in the mail. Apparenlty it feel out somewhere along the way and the people at PHL put it in the mail So contrary to popular belief, the people at PHL may be just as honest as at some of the other airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.