B of A Made a New Dividend Miles Account for Me

Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:50 pm

Programs: US CP, *Gold, AA Peon
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
They did that even though I provided them with the correct DM account # when I applied for the DM Visa Card. Called them, and called US. It's been over a week, and they still haven't moved the miles over to the correct account and closed the one that B of A created for me.

Anyone else experience something similar? Am I expecting too much to think that this should've been done by now? I could swear the US person said it would only take 24 hours to combine the accounts.

I signed up for the B of A sig card just for the 15k miles - however, it took an act of congress to do so. First, they lost my application twice and misfiled the third. Yay numerous credit checks! Once I finally was approved they sent me the Gold card instead of the Signature. When I called to inquire, they said that they often do this and all I have to do is place a request for the Signature card and they will upgrade me. Sounds dumb, right? Talk about a waste of time and resources.

Anyhoo... was determined to get my miles though and it finally worked out. Yes. I'm a miles s*ut!!

Funny part is... a mentor of mine said to me during all of this, "Well if this is how great they treat you when you're trying to solicite their business, imagine how wonderful they will be when you dispute something "
Old Dec 6, 2005, 6:45 pm

Programs: HH Gold
My DM accounts succesfully merged over the weekend and all appears to be correct there. I went down to my local BoA branch today so they could start sending my miles to the correct DM account. This was the first time the branch manager had seen this particular problem, however he was able to go into my account and fix it within a few seconds. He asked how I had applied for the card and I replied that I had used the BofA website. He indicated that they have had problems before with other types of information not carrying over from the website to their system. So, if others are thinking about getting a card, it might be wise to stop by a BofA in person. After indicating that their error had taken some effort to resolve, I asked if my annual fee could be waived for this year. This was taken care of without further question, although YMMV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.