Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

How long for miles from United to be credited to DM Account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:12 am
Original Poster

I flew on United back on May 11th and had given them my DM number. I know the website says 6 weeks or whatever (and it makes no sense why it should take that long...), but what kind of experience have you guys had in the time it takes for miles flown on United to show up?

As an aside, why does it always seem like I have to make multiple tries to get US to credit for mileage I've earned beyond standard US actual miles flown?

The "Clear Skies Ahead" bonus thing took me ten emails trying to get two people's miles credited properly. I finally gave up on getting the second person's miles credited. I will say that my Sprint bonus miles did show up in a timely manner.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Doing some more looking, I see that the person I flew with had theirs credited last month and mine still haven't been.

Ah, I love US Airways.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by toastmaster
I flew on United back on May 11th and had given them my DM number. I know the website says 6 weeks or whatever (and it makes no sense why it should take that long...), but what kind of experience have you guys had in the time it takes for miles flown on United to show up?

I flew UA last month on a US ticket with one leg on US and one leg on TED. My miles for both flights posted on the same day (3 days after I flew).
Old Jun 10, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: US lowlife
UA: 2 days.
US: 3 days.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
In my experience if a UA flight doesn't post within 2-3 days it never will. Send in your BPs and a copy of the receipt to get credit.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
My UA ticketed flights typically post much sooner than my US ticketed ones. Just like phlwookie said, if it doesn't post in a couple of days, it probably won't. This usually happens to me when the DM number and US status doesn't print out on the BP (regardless of the agent's insistence that my number is in there.)
Old Jun 10, 2005, 1:19 pm

Programs: USairways Silver, NWA, AA
Originally Posted by phlwookie
In my experience if a UA flight doesn't post within 2-3 days it never will. Send in your BPs and a copy of the receipt to get credit.
Send BPs to UA or US?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Syracuse
Send BPs to UA or US?
US
Old Jun 10, 2005, 1:44 pm

Programs: USairways Silver, NWA, AA
Originally Posted by exerda
US
Are you sure? It's a UA flight. All flight info should be in UA computer. It makes more sense to ask UA first.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Are you sure? It's a UA flight. All flight info should be in UA computer. It makes more sense to ask UA first.
Definitely send it to the DMSC at US. They will need BP stubs as well as the ticket receipt.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Anytime you're missing credit from a partner, send the documentation to US.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 4:33 pm

Programs: US1
In the rare event my do not post I always fax them my BP and my luggage tag. I always keep both until my miles clear. I have never mailed mine in that takes too long.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:46 pm

Some of you are talking about flying on a UA codeshare although you purchased a US ticket, right? That's what I'm doing tomorrow. I've checked in online--with UA! This seems completely ridiculous to me. If I buy a ticket on US, I'd prefer to deal solely with US. In my mind, I should not have to mail in my boarding pass to get DM credit when I made the reservation with US. They should fix that.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:48 pm

Yep, but send it to US; it may seem a bit odd, but that's how it works for whatever reasons. I know I have had to send my US BP's to UA before to credit them to my MP account
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by gregeckhart
Some of you are talking about flying on a UA codeshare although you purchased a US ticket, right? That's what I'm doing tomorrow. I've checked in online--with UA! This seems completely ridiculous to me. If I buy a ticket on US, I'd prefer to deal solely with US. In my mind, I should not have to mail in my boarding pass to get DM credit when I made the reservation with US. They should fix that.
Does seem odd, but as someone who often flies UA codeshares operated by US (and credited to my UA account), I often have to check in with US online--once even when the US segment was not the first in the itin (United.com is a real dunce, after all. At small stations where the two airlines have only a couple of destinations each but codeshare, there are often hand-done signs saying, "If you are checking in for flights xxxx or yyyy, go to the US counter to check in," or vice-versa.

In all likelihood, you won't have to mail in your BP to get credit for the UA-operated flight. I've found for my US codeshares (and my fiancee, who credits her UA flights to her US DM account, the opposite of me), they generally post in 1-3 days. Only twice have they failed to post and required the mail-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.