Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

From the "I Never Thought That Was Actually Possible" File...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 2:39 am
Original Poster

I just got off the phone with US reservations to look at availability for a Star Award. We never got that far. After making my initial request, the agent began to look in the system but didn't say a word. After about 3 minutes, the keyboard strokes stopped and all i could hear was loud breathing; sounded as if the agent's mic had gotten a little too close to her mouth. Another 5 minutes and the phone disconnected.

Then it dawned on me. The agent had fallen asleep
Old May 17, 2005, 10:27 am

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cedric
I just got off the phone with US reservations to look at availability for a Star Award. We never got that far. After making my initial request, the agent began to look in the system but didn't say a word. After about 3 minutes, the keyboard strokes stopped and all i could hear was loud breathing; sounded as if the agent's mic had gotten a little too close to her mouth. Another 5 minutes and the phone disconnected.

Is this an indication of how slow things are in reservations?
Old May 17, 2005, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cedric
Did you try to wake up the agent? @:-)
Old May 17, 2005, 11:12 am

You said star alliance award, so was this the international reservations desk you called? If so, I think we need to bring them some more candy so that the sugar will help keep them awake.
Old May 18, 2005, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alysia
You said star alliance award, so was this the international reservations desk you called? If so, I think we need to bring them some more candy so that the sugar will help keep them awake.
Nope - domestic (Air Canada).

As for how slow things are - it was 4am after all.

Did I try and wake up the agent? No, I figured she was reading about how to look up AC award availability.

FWIW, I did another AC award at short notice - booked Friday and travelled Tuesday (yesterday). The ticketing desk "forgot" to (paper) ticket the res and courier me the ticket. After I called on Tuesday morning to inquire as to the status, they arranged for me to go pick it up at the US ticket counter which is in another terminal, and of course the poor agent had absolutely no idea what to do. Maybe they were sleeping in ticketing too

I looked at the ticket after it had been issued and it said "Vaild US/UA only". AC didn't seem to notice/care. Hopefully I'll be OK on the return.

Should I ask for my Quick Ticketing fee back?

Last edited by cedric; May 18, 2005 at 1:03 am
Old May 18, 2005, 5:32 am

Programs: US Silver, Hilton Diamond,
...of course it could have been something more serious than simply falling asleep...or perhaps they are now hiring narcoleptics for the night shift...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.