Wiki Posts
Search

Club Access for Intl Biz Class Award Travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles
Club Access for Intl Biz Class Award Travel

We are traveling on US award tix to NZ with transfers in CLT and LAX. Since are tickets are for first class (on US) and biz class (on QF), will we have access to US lounges in CLT and LAX? I vaguely remember seeing a previous post stating that lounge access was granted but don't remember the details. The US website seems to indicate that the clubs are for members only and don't specify if class of travel allows entry.
Old May 1, 2005, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jz31171
We are traveling on US award tix to NZ with transfers in CLT and LAX. Since are tickets are for first class (on US) and biz class (on QF), will we have access to US lounges in CLT and LAX? I vaguely remember seeing a previous post stating that lounge access was granted but don't remember the details. The US website seems to indicate that the clubs are for members only and don't specify if class of travel allows entry.

You will be granted access to the US Airways Clubs in CLT and LAX. However, I would advise you to visit the Qantas First/Business Class lounge in LAX instead of the US Airways Club there. Qantas has a nicer lounge with a wider selection of beverages and they actually offer food. Bon voyage!
Old May 1, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Of course, the LAX US Airways Club has closed, so you'll probably want to head straight to the QF facility on your outbound. Not sure what you'll be able to use on the return at LAX - since you'll clear customs and be outside the secured area either at T4 or the Bradley Int'l Terminal. Since the UA RCC is in the UA terminal, you won't have access to that since you'll have a US and not a UA tix.

Oh well.
Old May 1, 2005, 11:14 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I didn't think you could use the US club if you are travelling on a partner intl. ticket. You can use it if you are travelling on a USAirways intl. biz ticket (in absence of an Envoy lounge).
Old May 1, 2005, 11:49 am
Original Poster

We are Dividend Miles members (all 3 of us) and the tickets are all US tickets, booked through USAirways.

I didn't think about the return through LAX and the club implications with customs. I am definitely going to have to check that out on the outbound leg on our first time through LAX.

I want to use the US club in CLT and the Qantas club in LAX.

Thanks for the help.
Old May 1, 2005, 1:55 pm

I just had a similar experience.

Wouldn't it be nice, when you booked your tix; if the agent would explain the benefits? I think this is called customer service?????

That would eliminate turning over rocks to get an explanation that should have been provided to you at the onset.

Dash

Originally Posted by jz31171
We are Dividend Miles members (all 3 of us) and the tickets are all US tickets, booked through USAirways.

I didn't think about the return through LAX and the club implications with customs. I am definitely going to have to check that out on the outbound leg on our first time through LAX.

I want to use the US club in CLT and the Qantas club in LAX.

Thanks for the help.
Old May 3, 2005, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Answer?

Back to the Top...

Still trying to gather a definitive answer if we will e able to use the US Club in CLT?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.