"Class L" + FC Upgrade = ???

Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

"Class L" + FC Upgrade = ???

My apologies if this is not in the correct forum; mods please close\move if necessary.

The missus and I just booked a trip to London this December via GoToday. The tickets are on US Air, and are supposedly "class L" tickets, which are apparently the cheapest ones you can get.

My dad has two extra Transatlantic FC space available upgrade coupons that he's willing to give me for the trip out. We've been talking back and forth via AIM and the coupons appear to be the same as this eBay auction. He's happy to give me the vouchers, but I'm a bit worried as Go Today's site clearly says "no upgrades allowed on these tickets". I don't think that USAir cares or even knows (except that they're class L), so.. my question is... will these vouchers work, *if* space is available in FC?

I mean, I know that I don't have much to lose here - if we don't use them, there's a 99% chance my Dad will just end up throwing them away, as he's back home in Delta Country (Atlanta). But I don't wanna feel like a dork asking for something I can't get, nor do I relish the thought of sitting next to my GF for 9 hours, who's angry and crestfallen about not being able to sit in FC for the first time.

Also - just for my general knowledge - do these types of vouchers apply to your entire flight? We fly from CLT to PHI then on to LGW. I'm not too concerned about sitting in FC on the first leg, but we won't have a lot of time to talk to the gate agents in PHI before the flight... If we could get the voucher cleared for the LGW leg in CLT (where we can check in hours early if need be), that's be way cool!

Lastly, the vouchers expire on 12/31/2005. Does anyone know when US Air issues new ones with later expiration dates? That eBay link got me thinking about buying two additional vouchers for the trip home, but as I won't be returning until 01/02/2006, the ones currently for sale don't help me out any.

Thanks for your help. I'm not a hayseed, really. I've been to Europe, Australia and almost every state in America, but I've never really had to book any trips myself before.

Cheers!

Jim

(a.k.a. Rex)
Old May 3, 2005, 12:11 pm

Cool Newbie

I am in a similiar situation and have tons of questions about using the same type vouchers. I hope someone will take the time to respond and help a few newbies out.

Good Luck!
-T

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.