FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   Club Econmics - Feel OUR Pain (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/414403-club-econmics-feel-our-pain.html)

PineyBob Mar 24, 2005 10:05 am

Club Econmics - Feel OUR Pain

Now that US Airways has shown us once again just how much they value their most loyal customers. Perhaps it's time to fight back. Knowledge IS power.

Lesson #1 - When you use a club with a recipricol (sp) agreement with US Airways, US Airways pays a fee to that carrier of around $10.00. So if you use the RCC club, US had to pay UA $10.00 thus the change in pricing for UA domesticaly.

Lesson #2 - With a UA RCC membership using a US Airways Club you actually reward US Airways with additional revenue for screwing you by closing the clubs.

Ladies and Gentlemen we have been played like a fiddle by some very clever and disingenous folks unworthy of our loyalty. Let your feelings be known.

Alysia Mar 24, 2005 10:55 am

Originally Posted by PineyBob
Now that US Airways has shown us once again just how much they value their most loyal customers. Perhaps it's time to fight back. Knowledge IS power.

Lesson #1 - When you use a club with a recipricol (sp) agreement with US Airways, US Airways pays a fee to that carrier of around $10.00. So if you use the RCC club, US had to pay UA $10.00 thus the change in pricing for UA domesticaly.

A US employee told me a while back it is more like $25.

PS It is reciprocal -- you were close.

phillyd2 Mar 24, 2005 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Alysia
A US employee told me a while back it is more like $25.

PS It is reciprocal -- you were close.

was is it with you tightwads and your spelling issues?

sobore Mar 24, 2005 10:59 am

Good Info

I have aquired US clubs passes for the sole purpose of using them at PBI.
For a fee would RCC honor these at other locations I travel?

jimcfsus Mar 24, 2005 11:05 am

Originally Posted by sobore
I have aquired US clubs passes for the sole purpose of using them at PBI.
For a fee would RCC honor these at other locations I travel?

I know you can buy day passes at the US clubs for like $25. If I'm not mistaken, you can do similar at the RCCs.. I just don't know the price.

wr_schwab Mar 24, 2005 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
I know you can buy day passes at the US clubs for like $25. If I'm not mistaken, you can do similar at the RCCs.. I just don't know the price.

I think I remember seeing over on the UA board an RCC day pass was $50.

sobore Mar 24, 2005 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by wr_schwab
I think I remember seeing over on the UA board an RCC day pass was $50.

$50 seems to be the going rate for most clubs.

Spiff Mar 24, 2005 12:24 pm

Coupon Connection and posting your itineraries to sympathetic members might bring the price down a bit. :D

longing4piedmont Mar 24, 2005 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Coupon Connection and posting your itineraries to sympathetic members might bring the price down a bit. :D

LOL

It worked for one long time poster on this board this week. I'm the one who let him in and I didn't even charge him. He just looked so helpless begging everyone at the door if he could come in. (just kidding about the begging part)

sassamanlaw Mar 24, 2005 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by phillyd2
was is it with you tightwads and your spelling issues?

We also have issues about proper grammar. :p

HPTunco Mar 24, 2005 2:07 pm

................Lesson #1 - When you use a club with a recipricol (sp) agreement with US Airways, US Airways pays a fee to that carrier of around $10.00. So if you use the RCC club, US had to pay UA $10.00 thus the change in pricing for UA domesticaly...................

Yes, US has to pay for us to use the UA clubs.....however since there must be three to four times as many RCC members who could be using US Clubs......US must be at a net gain for reciprocal use of clubs.

US either should bolster it's club network or close all of them.

PineyBob Mar 24, 2005 3:18 pm

Well those of us who do transcons can actually COST US Airways money in 2 ways.

The UA Add on cost $120.00 so @ $10.00 per visit charge. All we have to do is book our tickets on UA metal and take a connecting flight and make sure we visit the RCC EVERY connection and be sure to drop by the destination RCC too and you will be a net drain of cash to US in just three trips to LAX. That plus they lose almost ALL of the revenue for those flights yet they count towards status and we get our mileage bonus.

I was angry and ready to cancel my club membership, but now I'm going to purchase the UA add on and make certain it costs US way way more than the $120 they collected.

More of the typical penny wise pound foolish thought from 2345 Crystal Drive where Loyalty is a one way street.

Spiff Mar 24, 2005 3:55 pm

Well those of us who do transcons can actually COST US Airways money in 2 ways.

The UA Add on cost $120.00 so @ $10.00 per visit charge. All we have to do is book our tickets on UA metal and take a connecting flight and make sure we visit the RCC EVERY connection and be sure to drop by the destination RCC too and you will be a net drain of cash to US in just three trips to LAX. That plus they lose almost ALL of the revenue for those flights yet they count towards status and we get our mileage bonus.

I was angry and ready to cancel my club membership, but now I'm going to purchase the UA add on and make certain it costs US way way more than the $120 they collected.

More of the typical penny wise pound foolish thought from 2345 Crystal Drive where Loyalty is a one way street.

Ah, revenge.

Please make sure you waste some of the TSA's time too. :)

PineyBob Mar 24, 2005 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Ah, revenge.

Please make sure you waste some of the TSA's time too. :)

Man Spiff, I have a gaping wound over this whole club fiasco and now you want to pick the TSA scab? I'm bleedin' to death here, show some mercy.

See you at the next RoachFEST!

DC-USCP-UAPE Mar 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Lcc

Why don't they just get it over? This is like a Chinese water torture. US has decided to go LCC. So to be LCC, there will be one class of travel, no clubs, no meals, etc., etc., etc.

Yet, they continue to put on a face. As if anyone is really spending $3K to travel full fare FC with plastic glassware and cold day old sandwiches…. So it's going to be drip, drip, drip... And with each drip you'll hear the screams of the remaining loyal FFs....