US Air shuttle

Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:14 am

Why is it like that on the shuttle flights? no zones...
Old Sep 24, 2005, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by bursa
Oh, almost forgot, US Airways Shuttle is a triangle between BOS, DCA, and LGA, while DL Shuttle is only really between BOS and LGA.
This isn't true -- Delta flies 737s LGA-DCA and DCA-LGA every hour on the half hour from 6:30 AM until 8:30 PM (plus an extra flight at 6:00 AM).

Back in the day, both Eastern Shuttle (the original shuttle which became Trump Shuttle and the US Air Shuttle) and Pan Am Shuttle (which became Delta Shuttle) ran busses between each others' terminals -- if you missed your flight, you'd just hop on the bus to the other terminal and get on the flight that left 30 minutes later.

Since they were operating 727s with rear air stairs, they would let people disembark at the front and the rear. And if a plane got full, they had another one on standby that they'd roll out, even if you were the only passenger.

You also didn't need a ticket in those days -- the FAs would just go down the aisle with a credit card imprint machine and collect the fare during the flight.

One other thing is that there's a different atmosphere on Shuttle flights -- it's very business oriented, you don't touch or move people's briefcases or suit jackets in the overhead bins without asking permission first, and so on.

Lastly, be on time for your flight. They don't wait for anyone for any reason, and they'll close the Jetway door in your face if you're not aboard when it's time to go. Plan on a hike from the ticket counter to the plane -- the Shuttle aircraft always depart from the gates closest to the runway so they can get in and out more quickly and don't have to deal with congestion in the alleys.

Last edited by SealBeach; Sep 24, 2005 at 3:21 pm
Old Sep 24, 2005, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw
Why is it like that on the shuttle flights? no zones...
The flights are so short that nobody really cares THAT much, and it's also quicker.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I fly on the shuttle quite a bit between LGA-DCA...one thing to note is that at least out of DCA, it is almost always late. I have flown the shuttle 6 times this year and it has been delayed every time for at least half an hour. Just in case you were tight on time, as I often am when I take the shuttle, you might want to make sure that you leave some room for delays.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
As I pointed out in the other thread, if you check-in at a kiosk at a non-Shuttle station, the seat you pick is not the one you get. I've had multiple experiences doing CLT-DCA-LGA. CLT-DCA is what I pick, DCA-LGA is random.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by awc4
I fly on the shuttle quite a bit between LGA-DCA...one thing to note is that at least out of DCA, it is almost always late. I have flown the shuttle 6 times this year and it has been delayed every time for at least half an hour. Just in case you were tight on time, as I often am when I take the shuttle, you might want to make sure that you leave some room for delays.
I've flown DCA-LGA about 30 times this past year. Only late once or twice. I guess it depends on date of travel/time/weather.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier, US DM Silver, QF, AA
I have flown DCA-LGA a number of times this past year on both US and DL. Have had no late problems with US, and only once for a weather related delay on DL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.