3 More clubs to close

Old Mar 23, 2005, 5:25 am

Short of blaming Labor for their ineptness I'm not certain CCY can organize a one car funeral.

Please e-mail ALL of your concerns to [email protected]. I've been told by several that he is the REAL power at US Airways.

US Airways had it's "Christmas Meltdown" Now I think it is time for the Frequent Flyers to have our very own "Easter Rebellion". Let just try to make sure it doesn't end the the real Easter Rebellion in Ireland!
Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:34 am

Where are all the US apologists?...not a wimper on this one. This is a very clear sign of where US is headed (or not depended on your point of view). Most serious flyers see clubs as one antidote to noisy terminals, endless waiting, and lack of customer service at the gate. People can email US all they want but those that vote with their wallets send the clearest message.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:42 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Cruel Joke

How ironic, I just received my new membership package on Monday. Luckily I didnít take the tags off of the holder. I called the Club line and told them I was canceling my membership and they instructed me to mail the membership card and luggage tags back to them. They will then refund my fee.

So whatís next, the blue paint and flags come off the planes and they get painted red and mustard brown?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
How ironic, I just received my new membership package on Monday. Luckily I didnít take the tags off of the holder. I called the Club line and told them I was canceling my membership and they instructed me to mail the membership card and luggage tags back to them. They will then refund my fee.

So whatís next, the blue paint and flags come off the planes and they get painted red and mustard brown?
Please don't insult Southwest. They do their 'thing' well. USAirways does nothing well.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:26 am

Add me to the list of defectors

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Just from the FFOCUS members that I've been in contact with today, the exodus may have begun. This may be the straw that breaks apart the close relationship many of us have had with US.

I've been trying to read between the lines on this since the rumor was started a few days ago... something else is going to go down. I don't really know what it is, but this is the beginning of some other things coming. Call it a gut feeling (and from the size of my gut, that's something).
jimcfsus, while we have not spoken directly, you can add me to your informal list of devote US loyalists who are considering leaving the fold. Like many here I've flown US religiously for well over 10 years and I've never before thought aboutmoving my business, seriously that is. Well, now I am considering it.

I have to ask myself, did they take a serious look at the useage of the club based on pax count. I know for a long time the Club Staff have been keeping tick sheets to track usage so I'm assuming they've at least looked at traffic patterns. We don't know what thought, or if any, went into this decision but I think US mgmt at the minimum owes the FFOCUS leadership team an honest, clear response as to why this decision was made.

This action is most certainly a turning point for US and its in the wrong direction. I for one doubt I'll ever fly US transcon given the lack of satisfactory F cabin amenities and now the club closing. Its really not much to differentiate US from SW anymore.

So sad. Time to think about cashing in my miles for some really nice F class trip somewhere and move my business to UA.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:28 am

I'll be emailing him soon.

Originally Posted by PineyBob
Short of blaming Labor for their ineptness I'm not certain CCY can organize a one car funeral.

Please e-mail ALL of your concerns to [email protected]. I've been told by several that he is the REAL power at US Airways.

US Airways had it's "Christmas Meltdown" Now I think it is time for the Frequent Flyers to have our very own "Easter Rebellion". Let just try to make sure it doesn't end the the real Easter Rebellion in Ireland!
I don't have time now but perhaps tonight I'll find the time to write a detailed email to Mr. Ashby and share my thoughts about this bad decision. I'll probably include the URL to this thread so he can read it for himself.

thanks for sharing the email address.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:33 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Please don't insult Southwest. They do their 'thing' well. USAirways does nothing well.
You are correct. My apologies to Southwest. As to US...
Old Mar 23, 2005, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC

Think I'll drop Deborah an e-mail...
Send her my regards. My e-mail is probably still fresh in her mind.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Repeat after me: "Shared Lounges"

It seems to me that US could have defrayed some of their operating costs at LAX by making arrangements with America West to admit their lounge members to the US Club. I'm surprised that more airlines don't buddy up in some of these stations where it really makes sense to have shared lounge arrangements.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Wave1
I may consider flying UA now or even Delta especially on a non-redeye to avoid T-1 security line. Actually the UA 4:15 LAX-IAD is more convenient for me anyway in some ways because of the later departure-even though it is not direct as I get four more hours of work accomplished in LA and don't lose and entire business day.
If you're connecting onto PIT, I would strongly advise against flying UA through IAD. You'll have to take a long bus ride (15-20 minutes) to the "G" terminal where United Express flights to PIT leave from, and wait in what looks like a Greyhound bus station. There's not even an RCC (or a bar!) in G to make the experience less painful.

A connection through ORD is a much better option as the ORD-PIT flights on UA are mainline.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:16 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Bad Business

A case of bad business. If closing those clubs is inevitable, make some provisions. Give some time before closing in terms of months for people to absorb and maneuver due to the change. Make some arrangements with other carriers to provide club access even if only temporary. I have US club passes specifically for PBI use, it would have been nice to have some time to use them.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Just from the FFOCUS members that I've been in contact with today, the exodus may have begun. This may be the straw that breaks apart the close relationship many of us have had with US.

I've been trying to read between the lines on this since the rumor was started a few days ago... something else is going to go down. I don't really know what it is, but this is the beginning of some other things coming. Call it a gut feeling (and from the size of my gut, that's something).

I tend to agree that this isn't the last of the announcements over the next short period. I am thinking that we might see a merger here though the closing of PBI confuses me a bit regarding some of my instinct on who the acquirer might be.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I just went to read usairways.com expecting to see some kind of press release about this. But there was nothing...not even in the usairways club section. I even tried clearing my cache.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Agree strongly with wahooflyer. If you are going to PIT from LAX you'd be well-advised to avoid connecting at IAD or even ORD for that matter. You can connect through Denver which is a great place to connect and if you are hungry you can get both Breakfast and Lunch or Lunch and Dinner on your way to PIT

Denver wins two thumbs up for me. Almost reminds me of PIT in ease of connection and few weather and ground delays. ^ ^

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
If you're connecting onto PIT, I would strongly advise against flying UA through IAD. You'll have to take a long bus ride (15-20 minutes) to the "G" terminal where United Express flights to PIT leave from, and wait in what looks like a Greyhound bus station. There's not even an RCC (or a bar!) in G to make the experience less painful.

A connection through ORD is a much better option as the ORD-PIT flights on UA are mainline.

Last edited by NeoOfTheCRS; Mar 23, 2005 at 12:46 pm Reason: To add the second thumb for Denver ;-)
Old Mar 23, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Score8
I tend to agree that this isn't the last of the announcements over the next short period. I am thinking that we might see a merger here though the closing of PBI confuses me a bit regarding some of my instinct on who the acquirer might be.

I thought the same thing! PBI doesn't make any sense regardless of acquirer!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.