Straight from the CP desk: F on RJs!

Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Exclamation Straight from the CP desk: F on RJs!

I just called the CP desk to be added to the upgrade queue for my upcoming LGA-BUF flight (on an A319) and assign my BUF-LGA seat (ERJ.) After asking for my flight number and seating preference the aganet said "you're all set Ms. shell nyc...I've placed you on the upgrade list for the 9th and return on the 11th."
I said "oh, that's great!...when did US add First Class to their RJs? I know a lot of people who will be excited!"

We both had a nice laugh, then she gave me the next best thing...12A

Last edited by shell nyc; Feb 18, 2005 at 2:26 pm Reason: oops! it's BUF, not BOS
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by shell nyc
I just called the CP desk to be added to the upgrade queue for my upcoming LGA-BOS flight (on an A319) and assign my BOS-LGA seat (ERJ.) After asking for my flight number and seating preference the aganet said "you're all set Ms. shell nyc...I've placed you on the upgrade list for the 9th and return on the 11th."
I said "oh, that's great!...when did US add First Class to their RJs? I know a lot of people who will be excited!"

Interesting... First of all, US Airways does not operate any RJ aircraft from Boston to LGA. Secondly, no US Airways Express aircraft is fitted with a First Class cabin. This means that most likely, you made a mistake thinking your return flight is on a RJ aircraft but it is actually on an Airbus A319.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by fly747first
Interesting... First of all, US Airways does not operate any RJ aircraft from Boston to LGA.
Sorry...edited the original post...this trip is to BUF, not BOS.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Sorry...edited the original post...this trip is to BUF, not BOS.
OK, well I just checked at usairways.com and even if you wanted to pay for a First Class ticket from BUF to LGA, they only show Coach Class available on the ERJ and turboprop aircraft. Perhaps the agent made a mistake when telling you there was a First Class on those flights. They do have a few flights (twice a day) with regular mainline service that do have First Class.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by fly747first
OK, well I just checked at usairways.com and even if you wanted to pay for a First Class ticket from BUF to LGA, they only show Coach Class available on the ERJ and turboprop aircraft. Perhaps the agent made a mistake when telling you there was a First Class on those flights. They do have a few flights (twice a day) with regular mainline service that do have First Class.
And we've now confirmed that her post went WAY over your head.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
I just called the CP desk to be added to the upgrade queue for my upcoming LGA-BUF flight (on an A319) and assign my BUF-LGA seat (ERJ.) After asking for my flight number and seating preference the aganet said "you're all set Ms. shell nyc...I've placed you on the upgrade list for the 9th and return on the 11th."

Sigh.. you can expect more of the infamous MEsa CRJ900s coming east. I actually saw America West Express flights between CLT and SAV... ackk East is infected. And definitly no F Class..... (or legroom)
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:42 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by LAX1K to AmWest
I actually saw America West Express flights between CLT and SAV...
And CLT to CHS too....looks like the days of F on a 733 to CHS are gone.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
[QUOTE=bankingconsultant]
I actually saw America West Express flights between CLT and SAV... QUOTE]

Even CLT-MHT is getting the CR9s.....bleah! Why, oh why can't it be more E170s?
Old Feb 19, 2006, 8:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Originally Posted by bankingconsultant
I actually saw America West Express flights between CLT and SAV...

Yep, very sad indeed. Now the CLT-CHS and SAV are all RJs.
Way to go US
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:52 am
sm2

Programs: US-Chairman's, Hilton-Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Sofitel
[QUOTE=liveon777]
Originally Posted by bankingconsultant

Yep, very sad indeed. Now the CLT-CHS and SAV are all RJs.
Way to go US

ON a 73x next week CLT to CHS in 1st
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Unhappy

I was talking to a GA and TA in cleveland waiting for the flight out.. they were discussing that once everything gets merged, more CRJs (mesa) out east.. and moer EMB are coming west... It is relief for some of us out west.. but the east is not going tolike them.

The strange thing on the flights out of CLT.. they are all America West Express flights.. code sharing to US Airways.. strange indeed.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
The strange thing on the flights out of CLT.. they are all America West Express flights.. code sharing to US Airways.. strange indeed.
I believe they are truly USX operated by Mesa. I think Mesa just shifted some of the CRJ-900's East that are painted in HP livery.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:10 pm

it is not *ERJ* that get F seats; it's the newly ordered E70/E90 that are getting them. The E70 and E90 do not meet any definition of "RJ". They are more akin to an F100.

HP used to have some F service on some of Mesa's CRJ-900's, but removed it over a year ago.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by martin33
it is not *ERJ* that get F seats; it's the newly ordered E70/E90 that are getting them. The E70 and E90 do not meet any definition of "RJ". They are more akin to an F100.

HP used to have some F service on some of Mesa's CRJ-900's, but removed it over a year ago.
The OPs thread is from Feb. 2005. I believe she was merely posting this to be funny. Someone bumped this thread yesterday....
Old Feb 20, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: AA Plat
oddly enough, exactly one year after it originally died.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.