Reporting: Loads in Envoy / Upgrade clearing reports

Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thumbs up Reporting: Loads in Envoy / Upgrade clearing reports

Similar to the "Are your flights full" thread - can we report here the loads and situations we have experienced in Envoy? This could be useful for those trying to upgrade and when determining if/when to use miles vs. certs etc. I'll propose the format to include:

1. the route and date
2. your status
3. fare purchased
4. if/when your upgrade cleared
5. method of upgrade
6. the load when you actually flew (open envoy seats?)
7. any additional comments (i.e. "The guy sitting next to me was a Gold and had cleared three days out but his Silver Pref buddy was in coach ..." etc. etc.)

Any reports?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:35 am

Programs: us1
2/12- Phl-FCo
US1
Outbound cleared at the 7 day window return has yet to clear inside of 7 days. I'm using the CP ta certs. Will update on loads.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Middleseat8
2/12- Phl-FCo
US1
Outbound cleared at the 7 day window return has yet to clear inside of 7 days. I'm using the CP ta certs. Will update on loads.
Do SP and GP's using TA cert's on non-full fares get to clear at 24 and 72 hours?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by geo1005
Similar to the "Are your flights full" thread - can we report here the loads and situations we have experienced in Envoy? This could be useful for those trying to upgrade and when determining if/when to use miles vs. certs etc. I'll propose the format to include:

1. the route and date
2. your status
3. fare purchased
4. if/when your upgrade cleared
5. method of upgrade
6. the load when you actually flew (open envoy seats?)
7. any additional comments (i.e. "The guy sitting next to me was a Gold and had cleared three days out but his Silver Pref buddy was in coach ..." etc. etc.)

Any reports?
1.) PHL-MAD 12/28
2.) SP with a UA Premier and a general member
3.) V class
4.) at ticket counter
5.) Space Available
6.) 100% in Envoy and Y

1.) MAD-PHL 1/6
2 & 3.) same as above
4.) at gate
5.) miles - but turned into an op-up - after the outbound request they meal listed on the return and asked for certs at check-in. I said I had none but would do miles. They got on the phone for a while and then got off and said they would waitlist. Couldn't figure out why - it was a SpanAir issued ticket but I wasn't going to refuse - cleared over an hour bvefore at the gate.
6.) 100% in Envoy and Y
Old Feb 9, 2005, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sts603
1.) PHL-MAD 12/28
2.) SP with a UA Premier and a general member
3.) V class
4.) at ticket counter
5.) Space Available
6.) 100% in Envoy and Y
Perfect! ^

Keep 'em coming folks! Any CLT-LGW and LGW-CLT upgrade reports?

Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:25 am

PHL-LGW 1/27-2/1 both legs cleared at time of purchase (8 days in advance I think)

My husband flew PHL-LGW1/23-2/5 and both legs cleared at 7 days.

KIM
Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
1. LGW - CLT - EWR, 18th Nov
2. None x 2
3. Can't remember, but it was very cheap so would have been a low class
4. At the gate just before boarding
5. Transatlantic Upgrade Voucher (DS084-5 now) x 2
6. Full

7. Phoned US a few days before to be meal listed, when I got to LGW they said there was nothing in the PNR and they would add us to the waitlist and we would find out at the gate. Called forward just before boarding began for new BPs. When we got to CLT and went to enquire about upgrade for connection, they told us that we should have had two stubs from the original vouchers, but these had been kept, and so couldnt do anything. Staff were extremely rude over this. Eventually after much discussion with the helpful gate area supervisor she upgraded us right at the very last second, and even had to phone the gate itself to let them know we were on our way.

===

1. EWR - CLT - LGW
2. None x 2
3. Can't remember, but it was very cheap so would have been a low class
4. At checkin for first leg, on arrival at gate for transatlantic
5. Transatlantic Upgrade Voucher (DS084-5 now) x 2
6. Full

7. EWR staff again very rude, but this time upgraded us at checkin for the domestic leg, and told us that again the transatlantic sector would have to be done at CLT. Upon arrival at the CLT gate (about 90 mins before departure) gave the staff the stubs that we had kept this time, and she upgraded us straight away. Not only that, but she was the most pleasant airline employee that I have ever had dealings with, so courteous and was treating us like envoy passengers right from the start. And to top it all she put us in seats 1A and 1B the old first class beds.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up thanks!

Thanks bhunwicks! I hope my upcoming CLT-LGW and LGW-CLT flights go the same.

Any other Envoy upgrade success stories? Any heartbreaking failures?

Keep 'em coming ^
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:14 am

Programs: US SP
Thumbs up

1. FRA - CLT 1/22
2. SP
3. T
4. Gate
5. Transatlantic Space Available DS0087
6. 100% in Envoy and Y

1. PHL - FRA 2/4
2. SP
3. T
4. Gate
6. 100% in Envoy and Y

Great FAs on both ways, GAs very helpfull.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
1. PHL-FRA (Cleared for me and a companion)
2. US1
3. V
4. 3days
5. DMUTA4
6. Full
7. 11/24 wednesday before thanksgiving.

1. FRA-PHL (did not clear) 11/29/05
2. US1
3. V
4. Did Not Clear
5. DMUTA4
6. Full
7. They told me it was sold out of full J, monday after thanksgiving.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Middleseat8
2/12- Phl-FCo
US1
How do you get Transatlantic upgrades to clear early? I got a hold of some Space-Availables and had to wait until the airport last month.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sts603
How do you get Transatlantic upgrades to clear early? I got a hold of some Space-Availables and had to wait until the airport last month.
The Space Available Envoy upgrade certs are good day of departure only. US Chairman's Preferreds get two Transatlantic certs and two companion certs that are good for the 7 day Chairman's upgrade window. Different certs with different rules. And unlike the Space Available and Space Positive upgrade certs, the CP Transatlantic certs have the CPs name and DM number on them and are NOT transferable to another person.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 6:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by geo1005
The Space Available Envoy upgrade certs are good day of departure only. US Chairman's Preferreds get two Transatlantic certs and two companion certs that are good for the 7 day Chairman's upgrade window. Different certs with different rules. And unlike the Space Available and Space Positive upgrade certs, the CP Transatlantic certs have the CPs name and DM number on them and are NOT transferable to another person.
Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: us1
Flight 2 and 3 PHL-FCO and back Envoy was full both ways, I think many non-revs were upgraded. Great crews both ways!
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:14 am
Original Poster

1. CLT-LGW 2/17
2. GP
3. W
4. Gate
6. 100% in Envoy and Y (Y overbooked)

1. LGW-CLT
2. GP
3. W
4. Gate
6. 60% in Envoy (only one person in the aft Envoy cabin) and Y Full

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.